College Basketball Chatter...

D

Deuce

That is fantastic. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of fans.

D

Deuce

Oregon not boxing out on FTs in the last 10 seconds is the most pathetic way to lose that I've seen in a long while. UNC gave them every opportunity to get off a game winner and they couldn't even take possession.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
UNC has been horribly inconsistent on offense all Tournament but just keeps squeaking by, mostly by unexpectedly good defense and downright dominant rebounding.

They don't really deserve to win. But on the other hand, Berry and Hicks can't really play worse, and I see no reason that Meeks and Jackson, who have both been playing well, are gonna cool off. Can't expect another 25 point performance from Meeks but you also aren't gonna get like 2-20 combined from Hicks and Berry.

Maybe it will be enough, but my money is on Gonzaga.

D

Deuce

Tie game with 10 minutes left, but an ugly game.

Poor shooting and fouls every freaking possession. Not fun to watch.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just an awful game.

But I'll take it!!!!!!

:towel :towel :towel
Yeah it was pretty awful.

Gonzaga struggled.

UNC struggled.

And the refs flat out sucked. I mean, they literally sucked any joy and entertainment out of last night's game.

That was easily one of the worst title games that I've ever witnessed.....in any sport.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah it was pretty awful.

Gonzaga struggled.

UNC struggled.

And the refs flat out sucked. I mean, they literally sucked any joy and entertainment out of last night's game.

That was easily one of the worst title games that I've ever witnessed.....in any sport.
Take the refs out of the equation, and I bet that would have been an epic battle in the paint. I mean...it was a fucking whistle..every...damn...play. At least it seemed that way.

Its a shame the best basketball between those 2 teams was the last 3 mins of the ballgame. Absolutely inexcusable on the NCAA side of things. If you can't get better refs than that, then it may be time to let an outside resource manage the tournament.

UncleMilti

Staff member
UNC has been horribly inconsistent on offense all Tournament but just keeps squeaking by, mostly by unexpectedly good defense and downright dominant rebounding.

They don't really deserve to win. But on the other hand, Berry and Hicks can't really play worse, and I see no reason that Meeks and Jackson, who have both been playing well, are gonna cool off. Can't expect another 25 point performance from Meeks but you also aren't gonna get like 2-20 combined from Hicks and Berry.

Maybe it will be enough, but my money is on Gonzaga.
Damn Schmitty...0-2 buddy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Damn Schmitty...0-2 buddy.
They played horribly throughout the tourney and really scrapped and scraped by.

You can't blame me... it's just that Gonzaga played worse. I guess I'm not giving credit to our D... but I was looking at our offensive efficiency and it was just not there. That ended up being true!

As an aside, amazing that we talk about Roy Williams being overrated, but now he has more championships than all but like 4 other coaches in history.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The next big thing.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I knew Texas Tech was winning this year. Just not that they were winning at a 13-1 pace. There isn't a word big enough to describe how big the win vs Kansas was on the Jayhawks home court.

RAIDER!!!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I knew Texas Tech was winning this year. Just not that they were winning at a 13-1 pace. There isn't a word big enough to describe how big the win vs Kansas was on the Jayhawks home court.

RAIDER!!!
We are doing good things this year. We have actually had to re-implement the shuttles for the men's games. It's been almost a decade.

POWER!!!

1bigfan13

Staff member
We are doing good things this year. We have actually had to re-implement the shuttles for the men's games. It's been almost a decade.

POWER!!!
Was that during the Bob Knight era?

UncleMilti

Staff member
WVU finally giving me something to cheer for. Beautiful to see Duke go down in flames tonight. Another overrated Coach K team with 1 and done players who can't play defense, and aren't going to play defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
WVU finally giving me something to cheer for. Beautiful to see Duke go down in flames tonight. Another overrated Coach K team with 1 and done players who can't play defense, and aren't going to play defense.
Did you watch yesterday's game against Oklahoma? The officials made that a hard game to watch. I was really looking forward to seeing the Sooners young gunners vs. that "Press Virginia" defense, but man.......the refs just would not let either side play.

Seemed like every other possession they were calling fouls or stopping play due to a clock issue.

As an aside, the Big 12 may be the best conference in the country. I think we have a good chance of 3 or 4 teams making it to the sweet 16.

I also think this is the season that someone other than Kansas finally wins the conference.

Top Bottom