College Basketball Chatter...

Carp

DCC 4Life
UNC impresses me...of course they have Page, but they just have a bunch of players who all chip in. I knew little about this Jackson kid, but impressed today.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
UNC impresses me...of course they have Page, but they just have a bunch of players who all chip in. I knew little about this Jackson kid, but impressed today.
Jackson was their top recruit this season, I think he was a top 10 guy.

It's probably a little good for UNC that they aren't tearing it up. They don't have a recruiting class to speak of next year so they better count on a lot of guys returning.

D

Deuce

Wow. Dean Smith and now Tark all in a week. 2 big time coaches from my childhood.

RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
RIP Tark...his UNLV teams were some of the most entertaining I have ever seen. Big Monday was huge for me back in the day...and they were always the late game.

Still remember the Ark/UNLV game when they were 1/2 in the country and UNLV blew their doors off. That was memorable and Tark cast a huge shadow over the game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd like to say we have another great UNC-Dook matchup to look forward to but chances are UNC gets smoked tonite, so the only people who will enjoy that are those antichrist dook fans.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Great game...finally figured out who Okafor reminds me of...Chris Webber.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think he is as much of a facilitator as Webber was in terms of passing and even sparking a break with his ability to handle the ball, although I never saw Webber as a freshman so I don't know where he was at this stage of his development and am only going off what I know Webber became.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think he is as much of a facilitator as Webber was in terms of passing and even sparking a break with his ability to handle the ball, although I never saw Webber as a freshman so I don't know where he was at this stage of his development and am only going off what I know Webber became.
He is a solid passer, with the amount of double teams he gets he has to be. He handles pretty well. Webber certainly was quicker and could lead a break. The thing that reminds me most of Webber is around the basket...the way they finish and get shots.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Don't see that at all more like Tim Duncan or Brad Doherty.

Webber had a much better handle and was a better athlete actually he is closer to Juwan Howard but bigger.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Webber was the same as a freshman he just refined his jumper as a pro.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't see that at all more like Tim Duncan or Brad Doherty.

Webber had a much better handle and was a better athlete actually he is closer to Juwan Howard but bigger.
I don't see that at all. Neither were as athletic. Juwan HOward? lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
He is a solid passer, with the amount of double teams he gets he has to be. He handles pretty well. Webber certainly was quicker and could lead a break. The thing that reminds me most of Webber is around the basket...the way they finish and get shots.
Most of Webbers stuff was of the dribble I don't see that with Okafor.

Webber was a high post guy in Sacramento.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't see that at all. Neither were as athletic. Juwan HOward? lol
I don't know what you are seeing Okafor is not a great athlete and Juwan Howard was great in the post.

Okafor is not a better athlete than Duncan.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think he could be better but this sums him up well.
NBA Comparison: Al Jefferson
Strengths: Big, powerful body with huge hands, palms the ball easily which allows him to control rebounds in traffic ... Polished, skilled back to the basket scorer with a variety of moves ... Smooth for his size, solid rebounder, very good IQ, plays to his strengths, knows his limitations and doesn't try to do things that he can't do ... NBA body and strength, quick feet for a player with such a big frame ... Has great moves and counters, the footwork of an NBA vet, soft touch around basket ... Heady passer out of double teams ... Understands how to establish position and knows how to use his body, never rushes his move and plays with great pace and patience ... savvy beyond his years for a young post player, rebounds his area ...

Weaknesses: Not a great athlete, rebounder, or shot blocker ... Lack of athleticism and ability to be a game changer on the defensive end limits his upside ... Has trouble moving his feet in pick and roll situations ... Not a great shooter and doesn't offer much in terms of pick and pop situations ... Doesn't rebound out of his area ... Doesn't impact the game defensively ... Has problems finishing over length due to the fact that he's not an explosive athlete ... Conditioning has been an issue, though he has shown solid dedication to improving his body ... Lack of athleticism will hurt him at the NBA level ... Close to being a finished product, lacks great upside, will be dominant in college ...

Overall: Has been described by some pundits as having amongst the best set of post skills ever seen on the high school level ... Dominant high school player who will be a dominant college player likely for a year ... Polished low post scorer, but doesn't project as a dominant scorer or rebounder at the pro level ...

Carp

DCC 4Life
Most of Webbers stuff was of the dribble I don't see that with Okafor.

Webber was a high post guy in Sacramento.
That is not even remotely true. Everyone remembers the highlight real stuff of Webber taking it the full length of the court, but most of his points either came with his back to the basket or a nice finishing pass from Rose, etc. I'm not saying they are exact, but they sure do have quite a few finishing moves that are similar and are both ferocious dunkers.

I don't care how he was in Sacto...they played very similar games in college.

Last edited:
Top Bottom