College Basketball Chatter...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well this season snuck up on me.

Some good games tonight MSU vs Duke, Kentucky vs Kansas that's some big time matchups there.

I know last years draft got a lot of hype but this years draft could be just as strong if not stronger more bigs.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dam Kentucky looks good, if the Harrison brothers take it up a notch nobody will touch them this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kentucky is god damn ridiculous. Have a hard time seeing them not win it all this year. Duke was impressive too...Okafor was really good, but Justise Winslow is a real player too. They are pretty loaded as well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Kentucky basically has the team that made the final last year on top of a freshman class of like 4 5-star recruits, so yea, if they lose more than about 4 games this year, including the tournament, they should be embarrassed.

As an aside, Melo Trimble just broke Joe Smith's single game scoring record for a Maryland freshman, so that was nice.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Kentucky basically has the team that made the final last year on top of a freshman class of like 4 5-star recruits, so yea, if they lose more than about 4 games this year, including the tournament, they should be embarrassed.

As an aside, Melo Trimble just broke Joe Smith's single game scoring record for a Maryland freshman, so that was nice.
Too bad he will probably transfer after this year.:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Too bad he will probably transfer after this year.:lol
Basically all of those dudes sucked, we got the better end of that deal by adding Robert Carter and it looks like these freshmen are all better than the jokers they replaced.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One thing I truly hate about basketball, in college basketball especially, is the final few minutes of a game dragging on for 20 minutes.

The last 3 minutes of this N. Carolina/Butler game seems like it's been dragging on for close to half an hour with no end in sight.

Nothing but timeouts and intentional fouls with very little excitement.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Michigan just lost to The New Jersey Institute of Technology, that has to be up there with their football team losing to Appalachian State.

Last edited:

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Notre Dame off to a nice start before their ACC schedule tips off.

Here's our 6'2" Sophomore PG Demetrius Jackson dunking on a 7'2" center from Purdy yesterday in a 30+ point blowout.

[video]https://vine.co/v/OXMKJwnZxgj[/video]

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kentucky led UCLA 41-7 at the half yesterday...wow.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland is 11-1 with OOC wins over Iowa St. and Oklahoma St., and most of this without arguably their best player. Looking to be a damn solid year in College Park.

As for Kentucky, nobody is going to beat them. And I don't mean on their way to a title, I mean I think they're going undefeated.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Terps are 13-1, ranked 12th in the nation and just won their first Big 10 game on the road at Michigan St, no big deal.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Don't sleep on ND.

17-2
4-1 in ACC

Had Virginia on ropes for most of game last week until falling apart late.

D

Deuce

Don't sleep on ND.

17-2
4-1 in ACC

Had Virginia on ropes for most of game last week until falling apart late.
Not sure what to think of them yet. 2 games against Duke and one each against 'Cuse and L'ville will tell a lot.

Top Bottom