College Basketball Chatter...

D

Deuce

Carolina won't win unless they get the bigs more touches.

Refs have been a bit Villanova friendly.
Refs have been leaning towards Nova a bit but UNC can't shoot under 30% from the field and expect to win. Not getting Johnson involved down low more is a big reason for that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
The refs have let Nova get away with a lot of contact.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That shot by Paige....WOW!!!!

Most clutch shot in the tourney since Chalmers hit the game tying 3 in the 2008 title game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wow! Sorry Schmitty.

That was an all time finish.

D

Deuce

Wow! Sorry Schmitty.

That was an all time finish.
I agree.

The most improbable double clutch 3 to tie and a money inbound play to open up a 3 and win. Best final 15 seconds of the tourney I've ever seen.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the refs let Villanova get away with a LOT. Their physicality which went uncalled is what denied us the ball inside so much.

That said we also went ice cold from outside for about 12 minutes and that cost us the game... which was really the MO of this junior/senior class for some time. We seemed to get over that in the ACC tourney and the NCAA tourney so far, but tonite it came back and it cost us.

Still, I like Villanova, and it's always good for Carolina to hang another Final Four banner. I'm a little heartbroken but not despondent.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
UNC crapped the bed the first 15:00 of the second half... nice comeback to tie but never should've dug that hole to begin with.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah, the refs let Villanova get away with a LOT. Their physicality which went uncalled is what denied us the ball inside so much.

That said we also went ice cold from outside for about 12 minutes and that cost us the game... which was really the MO of this junior/senior class for some time. We seemed to get over that in the ACC tourney and the NCAA tourney so far, but tonite it came back and it cost us.

Still, I like Villanova, and it's always good for Carolina to hang another Final Four banner. I'm a little heartbroken but not despondent.
You shouldn't be. UNC has 2 titles in the last 10 years.

dallen

Senior Tech
Wow. What a finish!

dallen

Senior Tech
Also, thanks for winning the office pool for me Villanova.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I forgot this game was even on last night.:lol

This is the 1st year I have not watched even a whole half of NCAA basketball and I used to be a huge fan.

Most games are just boring but I guess I missed a nice one last night.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As a fan of any team, there is no better feeling in the world than this...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As a fan of any team, there is no better feeling in the world than this...

:towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like Roy Williams but he completely blew this game against Dook.

He sat Joel Berry, who picked up his 4th foul with 14:30 left in the second half (after a ridiculous call in another game shockingly called all in dook's favor) waaaaaay too long when everyone could see the wheels had fallen off without him on the court. He didn't get back in until 4:30 left in the game with Carolina down 9.

Uh... you don't wait any more once a 13 point lead has evaporated. If you did, then you certainly don't wait for a now-tie game to be pushed to a 9 point Dook lead. What the hell was he thinking? What was he saving Berry for? By that point Berry was cold and the game was over.

I'd rather have gotten 5 solid minutes out of Berry from the 9 minute mark to the 4 minute mark, preserving the lead, and then have him fouled out rather than have him play the last 5 minutes, inserted cold into a game down 9.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I like Roy Williams but he completely blew this game against Dook.

He sat Joel Berry, who picked up his 4th foul with 14:30 left in the second half (after a ridiculous call in another game shockingly called all in dook's favor) waaaaaay too long when everyone could see the wheels had fallen off without him on the court. He didn't get back in until 4:30 left in the game with Carolina down 9.

Uh... you don't wait any more once a 13 point lead has evaporated. If you did, then you certainly don't wait for a now-tie game to be pushed to a 9 point Dook lead. What the hell was he thinking? What was he saving Berry for? By that point Berry was cold and the game was over.

I'd rather have gotten 5 solid minutes out of Berry from the 9 minute mark to the 4 minute mark, preserving the lead, and then have him fouled out rather than have him play the last 5 minutes, inserted cold into a game down 9.
I tell ya...Coach K owns Williams like a little bitch. My wife and I give quite a bit of money to NC (she attended there and is on one of the Sorority boards there) and I can tell ya, theres a LOT of unhappy big money donors right now.

If they get bounced early, theres going to be some calls for him to step down.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Roy is kind of a gump as far as X's and O's and in-game coaching but they lost the title game on a buzzer-beater last year against an excellent team and are a 1 seed this year.

Would be kind of arrogant to try to force him out.

Top Bottom