X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carp View Post
    Great game...finally figured out who Okafor reminds me of...Chris Webber.
    I don't think he is as much of a facilitator as Webber was in terms of passing and even sparking a break with his ability to handle the ball, although I never saw Webber as a freshman so I don't know where he was at this stage of his development and am only going off what I know Webber became.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
      I don't think he is as much of a facilitator as Webber was in terms of passing and even sparking a break with his ability to handle the ball, although I never saw Webber as a freshman so I don't know where he was at this stage of his development and am only going off what I know Webber became.
      He is a solid passer, with the amount of double teams he gets he has to be. He handles pretty well. Webber certainly was quicker and could lead a break. The thing that reminds me most of Webber is around the basket...the way they finish and get shots.

Comment

Great game...finally figured out who Okafor reminds me of...Chris Webber.
        Don't see that at all more like Tim Duncan or Brad Doherty.

Webber had a much better handle and was a better athlete actually he is closer to Juwan Howard but bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
          Webber was the same as a freshman he just refined his jumper as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggyfly View Post
            Don't see that at all more like Tim Duncan or Brad Doherty.

Webber had a much better handle and was a better athlete actually he is closer to Juwan Howard but bigger.
            I don't see that at all. Neither were as athletic. Juwan HOward? lol

Comment

He is a solid passer, with the amount of double teams he gets he has to be. He handles pretty well. Webber certainly was quicker and could lead a break. The thing that reminds me most of Webber is around the basket...the way they finish and get shots.
              Most of Webbers stuff was of the dribble I don't see that with Okafor.

Webber was a high post guy in Sacramento.

Comment

I don't see that at all. Neither were as athletic. Juwan HOward? lol
                I don't know what you are seeing Okafor is not a great athlete and Juwan Howard was great in the post.

Okafor is not a better athlete than Duncan.
                Last edited by Jiggyfly; 02-20-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I think he could be better but this sums him up well.
                  NBA Comparison: Al Jefferson
                  Strengths: Big, powerful body with huge hands, palms the ball easily which allows him to control rebounds in traffic ... Polished, skilled back to the basket scorer with a variety of moves ... Smooth for his size, solid rebounder, very good IQ, plays to his strengths, knows his limitations and doesn't try to do things that he can't do ... NBA body and strength, quick feet for a player with such a big frame ... Has great moves and counters, the footwork of an NBA vet, soft touch around basket ... Heady passer out of double teams ... Understands how to establish position and knows how to use his body, never rushes his move and plays with great pace and patience ... savvy beyond his years for a young post player, rebounds his area ...

Weaknesses: Not a great athlete, rebounder, or shot blocker ... Lack of athleticism and ability to be a game changer on the defensive end limits his upside ... Has trouble moving his feet in pick and roll situations ... Not a great shooter and doesn't offer much in terms of pick and pop situations ... Doesn't rebound out of his area ... Doesn't impact the game defensively ... Has problems finishing over length due to the fact that he's not an explosive athlete ... Conditioning has been an issue, though he has shown solid dedication to improving his body ... Lack of athleticism will hurt him at the NBA level ... Close to being a finished product, lacks great upside, will be dominant in college ...

Overall: Has been described by some pundits as having amongst the best set of post skills ever seen on the high school level ... Dominant high school player who will be a dominant college player likely for a year ... Polished low post scorer, but doesn't project as a dominant scorer or rebounder at the pro level ...

Comment

Most of Webbers stuff was of the dribble I don't see that with Okafor.

Webber was a high post guy in Sacramento.
                    That is not even remotely true. Everyone remembers the highlight real stuff of Webber taking it the full length of the court, but most of his points either came with his back to the basket or a nice finishing pass from Rose, etc. I'm not saying they are exact, but they sure do have quite a few finishing moves that are similar and are both ferocious dunkers.

I don't care how he was in Sacto...they played very similar games in college.

Last edited by Carp; 02-20-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I think he could be better but this sums him up well.
                      Holy balls...Al Jefferson?

Comment

That is not even remotely true. Everyone remembers the highlight real stuff of Webber taking it the full length of the court, but most of his points either came with his back to the basket or a nice finishing pass from Rose, etc.
                        I watched a lot of Sacramento amd Webber was always at the high post in half court sets Divac was on the low post.

Here are examples

He did post up but most of his stuf was from the left high post.

Comment

I watched a lot of Sacramento amd Webber was always at the high post in half court sets Divac was on the low post.

Here are examples

He did post up but most of his stuf was from the left high post.
                          I need to be more clear...he reminds me of Webber in college. Thanks for the NBA highlights of Webber though.

Comment

I need to be more clear...he reminds me of Webber in college. Thanks for the NBA highlights of Webber though.

Webber did not post up in college Howard did Webber has always been mostly a face-up type guy.

I don't see anything similar in their games Webber was never a low post monster in college or the pros and Okafor is not on the same planet athletically. lets just agree to disagree.

Comment

Webber did not post up in college Howard did Webber has always been mostly a face-up type guy.

I don't see anything similar in their games Webber was never a low post monster in college or the pros and Okafor is not on the same planet athletically. lets just agree to disagree.
                              Did you even look at the clips?

My initial post was that they reminded me of each other...they do around the basket. I did not get into their athleticism or any of that, you are adding that. I'll acknowledge you are a troll.

Comment

Did you even look at the clips?
                                Yes I did and he primarily set up in the left high post.

But more importantly what in those clips do you think Okafor can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X