College Basketball Chatter...

Jiggyfly

Banned
That is not even remotely true. Everyone remembers the highlight real stuff of Webber taking it the full length of the court, but most of his points either came with his back to the basket or a nice finishing pass from Rose, etc.
I watched a lot of Sacramento amd Webber was always at the high post in half court sets Divac was on the low post.

Here are examples

He did post up but most of his stuf was from the left high post.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched a lot of Sacramento amd Webber was always at the high post in half court sets Divac was on the low post.

Here are examples

He did post up but most of his stuf was from the left high post.
I need to be more clear...he reminds me of Webber in college. Thanks for the NBA highlights of Webber though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I need to be more clear...he reminds me of Webber in college. Thanks for the NBA highlights of Webber though.

Webber did not post up in college Howard did Webber has always been mostly a face-up type guy.

I don't see anything similar in their games Webber was never a low post monster in college or the pros and Okafor is not on the same planet athletically. lets just agree to disagree.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Webber did not post up in college Howard did Webber has always been mostly a face-up type guy.

I don't see anything similar in their games Webber was never a low post monster in college or the pros and Okafor is not on the same planet athletically. lets just agree to disagree.
:lol Did you even look at the clips?

My initial post was that they reminded me of each other...they do around the basket. I did not get into their athleticism or any of that, you are adding that. I'll acknowledge you are a troll.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yes I did and he primarily set up in the left high post.

But more importantly what in those clips do you think Okafor can do.:lol
Finish around the basket, like Webber does, which is what I have said in a few posts. Try reading.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol Did you even look at the clips?

My initial post was that they reminded me of each other...they do around the basket. I did not get into their athleticism or any of that, you are adding that. I'll acknowledge you are a troll.
When comparing players you usually look at what they do well on a consistent basis Webber's strength was his ball handling and athleticism Okafors strenght is in the low post.

Sorry if you think pointing these things out is trolling.:shrug

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finish around the basket, like Webber does, which is what I have said in a few posts. Try reading.
Except the fact that he cannot finish around the basket like Webber because he does not have that kind of athleticsm.

His around the basket work is much closer to Duncan than Webber.

But like I said before its your opinion I just don't see it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Except the fact that he cannot finish around the basket like Webber because he does not have that kind of athleticsm.

His around the basket work is much closer to Duncan than Webber.

But like I said before its your opinion I just don't see it.
OK, thanks.

D

Deuce

March Madness kicked off with a 14 seed UAB punching Iowa St in the mouth and out of the tourney.

I love this time of year. :towel

dallen

Senior Tech
March Madness kicked off with a 14 seed UAB punching Iowa St in the mouth and out of the tourney.

And Baylor gone too

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Well, that fucked up my bracket.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You have Iowa State winning it all?
No I have Kentucky winning it all, but I had ISU in the championship game. :picard

Smitty

DCC 4Life
North Carolina barely escapes Harvard in the first round. We aren't going very far.

Team has talent but lacks the top end superstars of the top seeds and my gawd, do they make some stupid ass turnovers.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dean Smith willed $200 to each of his former players

Dean Smith willed $200 to each of his former players

By Steve DelVecchio

If you want to know a little bit about the type of person and coach Dean Smith was, look no further than his will and trust.

Smith, a legendary North Carolina basketball coach who passed away last month at age 83, has willed $200 to each of his former players. Those who played for Smith during his 36-year tenure as head coach of the Tar Heels are all receiving a check.

Each of Smith's former players received a letter along with a check.

"Each player was important and special to Coach Smith and when he prepared his estate plan, Coach wanted to reach out to each of his lettermen," the letter read. "Accordingly, coach decided that following his passing, each letterman be sent a two hundred dollar ($200.00) check with the message 'enjoy a dinner out compliments of Coach Dean Smith.' Enclosed is a check in the amount of two hundred dollars ($200.00) with the notation 'Dinner out.'

"Please enjoy your dinner out."

Goosebumps, anyone? Smith is one of the most respected coaches in the history of collegiate athletics. There’s a reason UNC took time during a game to pay tribute to him after his passing. For people like Michael Jordan, we know the money means nothing. The same cannot be said of the thought.

Top Bottom