College Basketball Chatter...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Great run by Texas Tech. That was a hell of a game though.

I hate that Culver rushed that shot near the end of regulation. He just ran down court and chucked up a 3 pointer with about 7 seconds left on the clock instead of working for a better look.
Yep, that made me sick. How do you not run the clock down farther and then drive and/or pull up when a two will win the game? Looked like he'd watched too many NBA regular season games where that happens regularly. But they're generally much better three point shooters, and that's also one game of 82.

But anyway, great job Tech. Awesome run all the way to the end.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

See what I'm saying, 1bigfan13?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

WTF is meat judging? And how can you go "undefeated".

At least gymnastics are an Olympic sport.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Yea but do yall have a storefront that sells football shaped summer sausage?

Cotton

Staff member
WTF is meat judging? And how can you go "undefeated".

At least gymnastics are an Olympic sport.
I dont really know what it is, but we are damn good at it.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea but do yall have a storefront that sells football shaped summer sausage?
No, but all meat judged gets sold. Kinda like a methane producing whorehouse.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a friend whose daughter was on this or a prior team.

Cotton

Staff member
Tech just extended Beard and made him the 3rd highest paid coach in the country and the highest in the Big 12. Extended through 2025. He deserves every penny.

1bigfan13

Staff member

In the most recent issue of Sports Illustrated there's a pretty lengthy article about meat judging. The article mostly centers around Texas Tech and the other Texas universities.

So I guess I have to give you credit for this. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
In the most recent issue of Sports Illustrated there's a pretty lengthy article about meat judging. The article mostly centers around Texas Tech and the other Texas universities.

So I guess I have to give you credit for this. :lol
I still don't really know what all it entails, but we have won the national championship like 15 times. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
This is the most energy I have ever seen at the USA. Just an amazing atmosphere last night against Kentucky.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
This is the most energy I have ever seen at the USA. Just an amazing atmosphere last night against Kentucky.

So I guess its just a matter of time until some school poaches the Tech coach away?

Cotton

Staff member
So I guess its just a matter of time until some school poaches the Tech coach away?
I highly doubt it. He just signed a 5 year extension. He has had offers and turned them down. He isn't going anywhere.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I highly doubt it. He just signed a 5 year extension. He has had offers and turned them down. He isn't going anywhere.
hope not, I raised the question because the blurb in an ESPN article quoted below:

the environment in Lubbock looked ridiculous -- one of the most raucous environments in college basketball this season. What Beard has done with that program is so impressive, and as one industry source texted me during the game: "The crowd tonight is why Beard should never leave for Texas. He wouldn't get a crowd like this vs. Kansas if he was at Texas."

1bigfan13

Staff member

The NCAA and universities turning a blind eye to improper payments and feigning shock whenever their players or coaches gets busted reminds me of Bunny Colvin's "Amsterdam" project from season 3 of 'The Wire'.

There are so many parallels between the permissive environment of Amsterdam and the universities/coaches approach to player payments. Simply put, the authority figures allow rule breakers to do their dirt as long as it's done quietly and in the shadows.

Top Bottom