NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've got 4 words for everyone:

LU-KA DON-CIC.

That is all.
The Mavs have been a lot better than expected this year. I figured they were still a couple of years away from being a playoff team but I think they have a legit shot at sneaking in this year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Mavs have been a lot better than expected this year. I figured they were still a couple of years away from being a playoff team but I think they have a legit shot at sneaking in this year.
That would be cool, but like I did with the Longhorns, I had tempered expectations and was looking for signs of improvement above all else, and we're getting that.

It's still very early into the NBA season, but so far I'm pleased with what I'm seeing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Luka is my hero.

Cotton

Staff member
Just glanced at Doncic's stats. Dude is shooting right at 40% from 3 pt land. Holy shit, I thought he outside shooting was the worse part of his game minus defense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets were up by 8 late in the 4th and the Luka went on an 11-0 run by himself to take a 3 point lead.

Mavs win 107-104.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this guy could end up having the best rookie season since LeBron James.

He's amazing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rockets were up by 8 late in the 4th and the Luka went on an 11-0 run by himself to take a 3 point lead.

Mavs win 107-104.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this guy could end up having the best rookie season since LeBron James.

He's amazing.
Obviously things could turn around down the road to even things out, but right now Atlanta Hawks fans have to be pissed that they traded away Doncic for Trae Young.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is why I wanted the Bulls to trade up for Doncic. Knowing those fools they probably would've traded up with Bagley as their intended target.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I may have to become a Mavs fan.

For fucks sake. They are lapping the Bulls.

Kristaps Porzingis to the Mavs for nothing. Dennis Smith, DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews. Mavs have to take back 2 bad contracts..... bfd.

The Mavs are gonna run the Western conference in the next few years as the Warriors fizzle out.

Doncic/Porzingis/Barnes is a sick trio.

Cotton

Staff member
I may have to become a Mavs fan.

For fucks sake. They are lapping the Bulls.

Kristaps Porzingis to the Mavs for nothing. Dennis Smith, DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews. Mavs have to take back 2 bad contracts..... bfd.

The Mavs are gonna run the Western conference in the next few years as the Warriors fizzle out.

Doncic/Porzingis/Barnes is a sick trio.
:towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Congratulations are in order. That Mavs team is gonna be very good for a very long time now, barring any screw ups, but I don't think Cuban screws up. He's a smart, active owner with a good coach.

I mean, Doncic-Porzingis isn't exactly Curry-Durant-Thompson or Lebron-Wade-Bosh, but you have a core that is going to compete every single year, and absent a super-team roadblock, probably will win it all a time or two.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And I just have to say, from the Bulls fan side of me, what the FUCK are GarPax doing?

There is simply no way on the planet that

Dennis Smith Jr
Wesley Matthews
a 30 year old expiring contract DeAndre Jordan who will not resign with NYK

is a better deal than say

Wendell Carter Jr
Bobby Portis
Kris Dunn
Expiring Contract(s) of Robin Lopez and/or Jabari Parker
Protected Future First Round Pick

.... Which is what the Bulls could have offered.

Insanity. I don't understand this, but props to Cuban and the Mavs for being aggressive and getting it done quickly. Though it's obvious that this has been in the works before today.

Cotton

Staff member
Congratulations are in order. That Mavs team is gonna be very good for a very long time now, barring any screw ups, but I don't think Cuban screws up. He's a smart, active owner with a good coach.

I mean, Doncic-Porzingis isn't exactly Curry-Durant-Thompson or Lebron-Wade-Bosh, but you have a core that is going to compete every single year, and absent a super-team roadblock, probably will win it all a time or two.
Well, all I can say is, it's about damn time. I have been really patient over the last few years, but until we got Luka I was really close to giving up. The Mavs are back, baby!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, all I can say is, it's about damn time. I have been really patient over the last few years, but until we got Luka I was really close to giving up. The Mavs are back, baby!
Yeah, there were a lot of years stuck in purgatory the we had to endure to get to this point.

We weren't quite good enough to ever make any real noise in the postseason but never quite bad enough to have a chance at a blue chip pick.

Last year we finally got into that range and that has made a world of difference.

If we didn't end up with a player like Luca, this trade never happens.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, there were a lot of years stuck in purgatory the we had to endure to get to this point.
:lol

Oh, eat shit. You guys won the championship what, 7... 8 years ago? And contended for a bit afterwards.

Try being a Sixers fan. Then we'll talk stuck in purgatory.

Top Bottom