NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The reason that the conferences are so unbalanced comes down to one thing: Piss poor management of some of the East's better markets/franchises, such as Chicago, New York, and up until very recently, Philadelphia.

I'd rather the league step in and pressure ownership groups before we completely restructure the playoff system that will still at the end of the day result in pathetic basketball coming out of those cities.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rockets were supposed to talk wit Capela over the weekend. Wonder how much they are going to be forced to pay him?
I was watching NBA TV yesterday and they were trying to claim that the loss of Trevor Ariza is going to hurt the Rockets championship hopes. I don't see it that way.

Seemed like he wore down as the season went on. The second half of the season it seemed like he'd have a solid game then follow that up with 4 or 5 sub par games. That pattern continued into the playoffs. Essentially you're looking at getting 2, maybe 3, solid games from him in a 7 game series.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The reason that the conferences are so unbalanced comes down to one thing: Piss poor management of some of the East's better markets/franchises, such as Chicago, New York, and up until very recently, Philadelphia.

I'd rather the league step in and pressure ownership groups before we completely restructure the playoff system that will still at the end of the day result in pathetic basketball coming out of those cities.
A suggestion that I like is that the NBA should adopt conference realignment that's not strictly based on geographic location. Similar to what you see in the MLB and NFL.

Create two conferences....American Conference and National Conference, for example. You can still have East/West type divisions but not every east or west coast team is lumped into the same conference like we have under the current format.

You could put the LA Lakers in the American Conference and have the LA Clippers National Conference. And so forth and so on.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cousins to Golden State.

Why even bother anymore?
Yeah, it doesn't even seem fair. An already stacked team is able to pull top talent in free agency while teams needing to become competitive can't get anything but scrubs to sign there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bullshit like this is why I railed against the bullshit pulled by LeBron/the Heat, this buddy buddy stuff is a slippery slope and only going to increase due to the way kids start forming cliques early in high school at the AAU level.

The simple fix to this is to do away with max contracts.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:laff

Suck it LeBron. That's what you get for going to the Lakers instead of the best basketball move.

LeBron will never win another title, he'll never be reasonably regarded as the GOAT, and hell he won't even be the greatest Laker of all time. If you play for the Lakers and don't win a championship you're an afterthought.

Have fun with Hollywood or whatever, though. Ass.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:laff

Suck it LeBron. That's what you get for going to the Lakers instead of the best basketball move.

LeBron will never win another title, he'll never be reasonably regarded as the GOAT, and hell he won't even be the greatest Laker of all time. If you play for the Lakers and don't win a championship you're an afterthought.

Have fun with Hollywood or whatever, though. Ass.
Yea and if anybody tries to argue that he should be considered the GOAT because he'd have more titles if it weren't for an all-time team like the Warriors, well, he's the one that started the precedent for Durant jumping there, for Cousins to take 25% of the pay to jump there for a year.

A precedent that he started so that he could finally win a ring of course.

He's reaping what he sowed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Word is no one else even bothered to make much of an offer to Cousins. The Pelicans didn't offer him anything. If that's the case I can't fault Cousins or the Warriors. This is on the other 29 teams.

D

Deuce

Word is no one else even bothered to make much of an offer to Cousins. The Pelicans didn't offer him anything. If that's the case I can't fault Cousins or the Warriors. This is on the other 29 teams.
It speaks to just how crazy Cousins is.

Genghis Khan

I'm not convinced that's entirely true. I thought I saw the Lakers offered $18m. But if that's long term he probably would rather bet on himself with a one year deal and go back into free agency next year looking for a max long term deal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I don’t understand the fury over a free agent choosing which team he wants to go to. I thought players wanting a championship and taking less money for it is admirable. Conversely, many bitch and whine about how sinfully greedy players are when they leave for the highest bid.

Should top engineers, lawyers, doctors and scientists be prevented from joining Apple, Samsung, Google or whatever industry leader?

Free market, right? Deion Sanders to the Cowboys?

Genghis Khan

Spurs are out of their minds if they think they should get a haul for Kawhi.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Spurs are out of their minds if they think they should get a haul for Kawhi.
Scooter said the same thing. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC will be getting rid of Melo this summer. :towel

This moves means more defense, athleticism, and versatility for OKC's starting lineup.

I have to admit I actually had high hopes for him when he arrived in OKC last summer. Guess I should have paid more attention to the Knicks the last few years. I could live with Melo's long list of deficiencies if he were still a good shooter but dude was mostly garbage during the 2nd half of the season....and even worse in the playoffs. I assume that was due to him wearing down.

I'm just glad we're not going to try to squeeze one more year out a player who is clearly washed up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am on the Bamba bandwagon officially now! Exciting looking player for the Magic.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
OKC will be getting rid of Melo this summer. :towel

This moves means more defense, athleticism, and versatility for OKC's starting lineup.

I have to admit I actually had high hopes for him when he arrived in OKC last summer. Guess I should have paid more attention to the Knicks the last few years. I could live with Melo's long list of deficiencies if he were still a good shooter but dude was mostly garbage during the 2nd half of the season....and even worse in the playoffs. I assume that was due to him wearing down.

I'm just glad we're not going to try to squeeze one more year out a player who is clearly washed up.
Hes meeting with Houston.... :sad

Top Bottom