NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Thankfully, Bryan Colangelo is gone. Hopefully that piece of shit Jerry Colangelo is gone soon too.

Bring back Hinkie!

Genghis Khan

As an aside, I really dislike the style of play in the playoffs. Basketball should not be a contact sport.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The playoffs. Too many reach ins, over the backs and hacks aren't called.
There is much less overall contact allowed now than there used to be, I'm just going to assume this is residual annoyance since I'd imagine that type of stuff constantly happened to Embiid.

The refs have always been bad when it comes to judgment calls at the rim, although I'd say it goes both ways.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

There is much less overall contact allowed now than there used to be, I'm just going to assume this is residual annoyance since I'd imagine that type of stuff constantly happened to Embiid.

The refs have always been bad when it comes to judgment calls at the rim, although I'd say it goes both ways.
Actually more Curry, but it's across the board too. Way too much contact is let go.

Genghis Khan

To be fair, Jordan had way better teams than what LeBron usually has had.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
To be fair, Jordan had way better teams than what LeBron usually has had.
Jordan also played against way better teams in the playoffs. James is playing in a watered down league which has allowed him an easier path to the finals. Jordan's Bulls had to fight wars with teams like the Pistons and Pacers to get to the finals. Then still won against a very good team from the West. When James runs up against the good playoff team that comes out of the West... Well, that's where the 5 finals losses come in.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jordan also played against way better teams in the playoffs. James is playing in a watered down league which has allowed him an easier path to the finals. Jordan's Bulls had to fight wars with teams like the Pistons and Pacers to get to the finals. Then still won against a very good team from the West. When James runs up against the good playoff team that comes out of the West... Well, that's where the 5 finals losses come in.
LeBron has never had any real threat to his perch in the East since he started this run. Rose's Bulls only had one shot at them before Rose went in the tank with injuries, Boston was basically a group of geriatrics by the time LeBron finally beat them and from then on you basically had nothing but the Hawks, Raptors and Pacers of the world where their best players were guys like Al Horford, Paul George or DeMar DeRozan.

I heard something ridiculous during the finals, something like LeBron has only went up against one 1st Team All-NBA player in a series in the East over his 8 year run, and I'd assume that was Rose who was only like 22 years old.

Think about that, in nearly a decade LeBron only had to face off against one single 1st Team All-NBA player in the East.

That will change next year though, he'll either be in the West or the Celtics will be a legitimate threat if he stays in the East, assuming they can stay healthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
1. Doncic
2. JJJ
3. Ayton
4. Bamba
5. Carter
6. Bagley
7. Mikal Bridges
8. Young
9. Miles Bridges
10. Walker/MPJ

If the Bulls were smart they'd be looking to move up for Doncic since it seems like he could potentially drop to 4.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My top players remain:

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Bamba
4. JJJ
5. Porter
6. Young
7. Bagley
8. Carter
9. Mikal Bridges

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My top players remain:

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Bamba
4. JJJ
5. Porter
6. Young
7. Bagley
8. Carter
9. Mikal Bridges
If they roll the dice on Young or Porter I'm ok just because of how superstar dependent the league is but I don't like the risks that come with Porter especially. The back thing is obviously a huge concern, especially with him talking about how it hurts when he doesn't eat vegan or whatever.

Young of course will be a huge liability on defense and I don't know if he'll be able to create enough separation to get his shot up consistently. Everybody wants to dream of him being Curry but he's a legit 1.5 inches shorter than Curry, which is a massive difference when we're talking about 6-1.5 vs. 6-3.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
LeBron has never had any real threat to his perch in the East since he started this run. Rose's Bulls only had one shot at them before Rose went in the tank with injuries, Boston was basically a group of geriatrics by the time LeBron finally beat them and from then on you basically had nothing but the Hawks, Raptors and Pacers of the world where their best players were guys like Al Horford, Paul George or DeMar DeRozan.

I heard something ridiculous during the finals, something like LeBron has only went up against one 1st Team All-NBA player in a series in the East over his 8 year run, and I'd assume that was Rose who was only like 22 years old.

Think about that, in nearly a decade LeBron only had to face off against one single 1st Team All-NBA player in the East.

That will change next year though, he'll either be in the West or the Celtics will be a legitimate threat if he stays in the East, assuming they can stay healthy.
I hate trying to play the dime store psychologist but I think Lebron cares deeply about his legacy and his place in history. That being said I think there is a better chance than ever that he actually joins a Western Conference team.

In the past I thought there was no way in hell that he'd give up those easy trips to the Finals via the much weaker Eastern Conference. But a part of me thinks that after getting his brains kicked in in back to back years, I think Lebron's outlook has changed and that he thinks joining a stronger team in the west, even if it meant not going to the Finals every year, would be a better for his brand and basketball legacy.

I look at it like this. Even though they didn't make it to the Finals I think most people look at the Rockets more favorably than they do the Cavaliers.

And even though his road to the Finals would be a lot harder I think he'd actually be in better position to actually win a title if he jumped to one of the better West coast squads.

I think Lebron has come to this realization as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

MAN, I WENT TO BASKETBALL CAMP!

:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Completely OUT on MPJ, dude couldn't even make it through all his pre-draft workouts because of a strained hip or whatever else it was, and now with the speculation that he may redshirt I'd completely avoid him at 7.

I'm also not in love with him on the court either, he strikes me as one of these prep stars who fails to refine and adjust his game to the NBA because he still thinks he's "the man" that he was in high school at 17. I kind of get a Wiggins/Lavine empty stats type of vibe, and I'm not even sure he's the athlete those guys are anymore due to the back stuff.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Completely OUT on MPJ, dude couldn't even make it through all his pre-draft workouts because of a strained hip or whatever else it was, and now with the speculation that he may redshirt I'd completely avoid him at 7.

I'm also not in love with him on the court either, he strikes me as one of these prep stars who fails to refine and adjust his game to the NBA because he still thinks he's "the man" that he was in high school at 17. I kind of get a Wiggins/Lavine empty stats type of vibe, and I'm not even sure he's the athlete those guys are anymore due to the back stuff.
There are rumors floating around that he's fallen completely out of the top 10.

Frankly I was never high on him to begin with.

Aside from the injury history, I just didn't see anything special from him during his limited time in college. Kyrie Irving was in a similar predicament but at least in the few games that Kyrie played for Duke, you could tell that he was easily one of the best players in the nation. Whereas Porter Jr. looked like a run of the mill college basketball schlub from "Any-team USA".

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They were saying that there are rumors that he's fallen completely out of the top 10.

Frankly, I was never high on him to begin with.

Aside from the injury history, I just didn't see anything special from him during his limited time in college. Kyrie Irving was in a similar predicament but at least in the few games that Kyrie played for Duke, you could tell that he was easily one of the best players in the nation. Whereas Porter Jr. looked like a run of the mill college basketball schlub from "Any-team USA".
Yea, I mean I don't think he was anywhere near 100% in those few games he played but still, that's not a risk I'm taking with the 7th pick. I also think him and Markkanen are kind of duplicative, Porter doesn't seem like a guy who is going to facilitate off the bounce, he seems like a guy who is mostly going to pull up off 2-3 dribbles, pick and pop, and spend a lot of time camped out by the 3 point line.

Top Bottom