Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Finally a decent game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Finally a decent game.
No kidding. I only watched this game in bits and pieces because of all the other non-competitive games. I happened to check the score and saw that Houston had stormed back late in the 4th Qtr so I was able to watch the last 4 minutes of the game.

That was a gutsy win by the Rockets. They withstood two huge Warriors runs that would typically make teams fold their tents.....but they hung tough last night.

Rev

Staff member
1 more game.

Lets got Rockets!!!
:towel

Im guessing Paul misses game 6 so will probably be a game 7. Hopefully he can make it back for that one.

D

Deuce

:towel

Im guessing Paul misses game 6 so will probably be a game 7. Hopefully he can make it back for that one.
I’m hoping he guts it out knowing they need him and he tweaks it in a win, causing him to miss the entire series against the Celtics. :towel

1bigfan13

Staff member
Celtics vs Rockets? Yes, please.

I was actually going to skip this year's NBA Finals because I didn't want to sit through another Warriors-Cavs matchup. Now there's a very good chance that neither team will be making the Finals. :towel

Rev

Staff member
Celtics vs Rockets? Yes, please.

I was actually going to skip this year's NBA Finals because I didn't want to sit through another Warriors-Cavs matchup. Now there's a very good chance that neither team will be making the Finals. :towel
The first Rockets/Celtics finals was when where I first started watching the NBA. Hakeem has always been my favorite player and I also liked the Celtics as well. That was more of a teenage rebellion as my dad and brother were Laker fans. If they both make it I will have a nice finals to watch for sure. Will want Houston to win of course.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I’m hoping he guts it out knowing they need him and he tweaks it in a win, causing him to miss the entire series against the Celtics. :towel
If he isn't 100% they aren't beating the Warriors.

They barely scraped by in these last 2 games with him playing great and the Warriors being up and down, there's no way they're pulling out a win if he's 80% or whatever.

D

Deuce

If he isn't 100% they aren't beating the Warriors.

They barely scraped by in these last 2 games with him playing great and the Warriors being up and down, there's no way they're pulling out a win if he's 80% or whatever.
Well now he's officially scrapped for Game 6 so the result is a foregone conclusion.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well now he's officially scrapped for Game 6 so the result is a foregone conclusion.
Yea, I mean I still favor the Warriors in a game 7 assuming either Iguodala plays or Paul is somewhere around 80%.

They were down 3-1 against OKC two years ago and were getting their asses beat bad, blown out by like 20 more than once. They're barely losing these games to the Rockets so if they get Iguodala back and/or Paul isn't full speed you have to favor them I think.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sucks that the Warriors are catching yet another break.

The only way I see the Rockets winning either of the final 2 games is if Harden finds his stroke again and goes crazy for 40+ points.

Rev

Staff member
Sucks that the Warriors are catching yet another break.

The only way I see the Rockets winning either of the final 2 games is if Harden finds his stroke again and goes crazy for 40+ points.
Dont count them out just yet.

Rev

Staff member
Next man up.... so far so good.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Terry Rozier went full 1994 Game 7 John Starks tonight.

2/14 shooting; 0/10 from 3-point range.

When you get to 0 for 5 from beyond the arc wouldn't you stop shooting and start driving more? This generation of of NBA players are way too reliant on the 3 point shot.

1bigfan13

Staff member
CP3's absence should not be a blanket excuse. If I'm a Rockets fan I'm furious at how D'Antoni managed last night's game.

He pretty much just sat up there and shrugged his shoulders as his team collapsed and fired up brick after brick.....to the tune of 27 straight missed 3 point attempts.

Your season's on the line and you don't even consider changing things up? You just keeping "doing the things that got you there" even though those "things" were digging you into a deep hole?

You can't expect to win a title if you're going to be rigid in your approach to coaching and game planning. Coaches who are willing to adjust are the ones that hoist the trophies every year. Coaches who simply "stick to the plan" are usually the ones left wondering "what if".

I watched my OKC Thunder piss away their chance at a title in the 2012 Finals because Scott Brooks was too rigid in his coaching philosophy.....he refused to remove Kendrick Perkins from the lineup and that was one of the major reasons why the Heat won that series.

Kerr made adjustments at halftime the last two games. While D'Antoni stayed the course and looked completely ill-prepared to counter adjustments the Warriors threw at them.

Rev

Staff member
:window

I really dont know much about D'Antoni at all but my brother (who follows the NBA much more than I do) wasnt too thrilled about the hire. Sounds like he did exactly what my brother said he would do.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:window

I really dont know much about D'Antoni at all but my brother (who follows the NBA much more than I do) wasnt too thrilled about the hire. Sounds like he did exactly what my brother said he would do.
He's a really good regular season coach. If you have a solid roster he'll get your team to 50+ wins.

His problem is once the postseason rolls around he lacks coaching skills to get past talented teams led by upper echelon coaches.

BTW, Harden really shit the bed as well in the second half of the last two games. His final numbers look good, but he completely disappeared when his team needed him most. Unacceptable for the supposed MVP. Coming up small in the postseason is becoming his calling card.

Rev

Staff member
He's a really good regular season coach. If you have a solid roster he'll get your team to 50+ wins.

His problem is once the postseason rolls around he lacks coaching skills to get past talented teams led by upper echelon coaches.

BTW, Harden really shit the bed as well in the second half of the last two games. His final numbers look good, but he completely disappeared when his team needed him most. Unacceptable for the supposed MVP. Coming up small in the postseason is becoming his calling card.
So the Jason Garrett of the NBA. FML

Top Bottom