NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I could see this one coming. Defense was horrid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Brad Stevens effectively ended the Sixers' season tonight. He was two steps ahead of the Sixers staff in crunch time.

He was toying with their minds like Thanos with the reality stone.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another bonehead mistake was Ben Simmons grabbing the offensive rebound with about 20 seconds left and immediately putting the shot back up.

Sixers were up 1 at that point. All he had to do was hold onto the ball and wait for Boston to foul.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Another bonehead mistake was Ben Simmons grabbing the offensive rebound with about 20 seconds left and immediately putting the shot back up.

Sixers were up 1 at that point. All he had to do was hold onto the ball and wait for Boston to foul.

I forgot about that but that was a HUGE mistake.

Win probability probably shifted about 50 points on that one play. :picard

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Sixers immaturity and lack of experience was on full display in that game. Stevens is an awesome coach obviously but the game came down to stupid ass decisions and silly turnovers by the Sixers in the last few minutes/OT which don't really have much to do with Stevens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Get your east fixation over with. Real series begins soon.

Hopefully the Rockets dont embarrass me.

Genghis Khan

The Sixers immaturity and lack of experience was on full display in that game. Stevens is an awesome coach obviously but the game came down to stupid ass decisions and silly turnovers by the Sixers in the last few minutes/OT which don't really have much to do with Stevens.

Completely true.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As much as I hoped we would beat up on Boston, this was the more likely outcome. It pains me to say, but I have mad respect for the C's and Stevens. Top to bottom they know their roles and play them...step up when they have to, let the game play out because their plans usually work. Morris and Horford deserve much credit because their attitude and toughness sets the tone.

For the Sixers...this is good for us. I think they thought they would just throw their jerseys out there and teams wpuld fold. We'll get better...seeing McConnell do his thing last night made me look forward to a full season of Fultz creating and taking ball handing responsibilities off of Simmons.

D

Deuce

When a series only goes 5 games, you assume it was completely dominated by one team. But this C’s/6ers series was fun to watch. This rivalry will probably give us a ton of great series in the next 10 years with all the young talent on display.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
5 game series’ aren’t always lopsided. Sometimes they are 5 very tight games that all just break one way.

Rangers-Kings Stanley Cup was like that in 2015. Two Kings wins went to double OT, another went to single OT, and the fourth win was a one goal game.

There was one or two puck bounces each game that decided that series.

Genghis Khan

When a series only goes 5 games, you assume it was completely dominated by one team. But this C’s/6ers series was fun to watch. This rivalry will probably give us a ton of great series in the next 10 years with all the young talent on display.
That's true. It was a fun series and pretty much every game could have gone either way. Sixers shot themselves in the foot way too often. Boston looked like a much more poised team. Or maybe we're just seeing the difference in experience right now.

One thing I know for sure is that I want to punch Aron Baynes in the face.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is entirely not enough discussion about who the Bulls are taking either at 6 or when they move up into the top 3 in the lottery, and who they are getting in free agency, establishing a new era Bulls dynasty in the process.

Markkanen-Porter Jr- Cousins trio? That probably runs with the best in the East if Porter is legit.

D

Deuce

There is entirely not enough discussion about who the Bulls are taking either at 6 or when they move up into the top 3 in the lottery, and who they are getting in free agency, establishing a new era Bulls dynasty in the process.

Markkanen-Porter Jr- Cousins trio? That probably runs with the best in the East if Porter is legit.
Porter might suck hard. He couldn't crack that Mizzou lineup when he was cleared to play and they weren't great.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Porter might suck hard. He couldn't crack that Mizzou lineup when he was cleared to play and they weren't great.
True, I'm hoping he's a guy you can steal at 6 because he was coming back from a serious injury that otherwise would be a top 3 lock, but who knows?

Really I'd like to get into the top 3 and get Ayton, Doncic or JJJ. Of course getting Ayton or JJJ means no reason to sign Cousins then. And signing him along with getting a hit on your first round pick is the scenario that presents the biggest tidal wave of talent for Chicago. But you're not gonna draft a center then sign Cousins, so you'd be relegated to sifting through lower level guys in free agency if you draft a center. Unfortunately, center seems to be the likely pick. The guys worthy of top 6-7 picks are either Doncic, Porter (maybe), or centers (Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Bagley, Carter). Maybe Trae Young but he's iffy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I have no earthly idea what to think of Porter, he looked pretty bad after coming back but I don't think he was near 100%. You're basically drafting him off what he looked like coming out of HS 12 months ago, in alot of ways it seems like it'd be a bit of a blind gamble.

I wouldn't hate it at 6 but I just have no clue what to expect out of him. I wouldn't be surprised by just about any outcome with him, he could be an All Star but I also wouldn't be surprised if guys like Bridges and Carter ended up better players and in 2 years everybody is wondering why the heck they went with Porter.

Top Bottom