NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sixers win their 5th straight with Embiid on a rest night. Team learns to play together this year and they might make some noise next season.
If LeBron goes West they could make the ECF.

I mean who else do they have to contend with aside from Boston?

Toronto? Milwaukee? Washington?

They're all beatable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

It looks like the last 2 games have made it very clear what OKC's approach should be going forward.

Carmelo is the distant third piece out of this "Big" 3.

Russ is and Russ and PG is a legitimate superstar and top 7 player in the NBA. Those are the guys you want carrying the team and the guys that you design plays for.

Carmelo is still a good offensive player. He can still create and make his own shot, and if he gets into a rhythm, he can give you a 30 point game on any given night. But he is no longer a dominant offensive player and OKC shouldn't spend much time trying to force the issue with him.

Let him get his shots as they come, but there's no need to continue on trying to figure out how to get all 3 guys involved. You design the offense around Russ and PG, and just let Melo get his shots as they come naturally.

Do that, and OKC have a great chance to find themselves in the WCF.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

It looks like the last 2 games have made it very clear what OKC's approach should be going forward.

Russ is and Russ and PG is a legitimate superstar and top 7 player in the NBA. Those are the guys you want carrying the team and the guys that you design plays for.

Carmelo is still a good offensive player. He can still create and make his own shot, and if he gets into a rhythm, he can give you a 30 point game on any given night. But he is no longer a dominant offensive player and OKC shouldn't spend much time trying to force the issue with him.

Let him get his shots as they come, but there's no need to continue on trying to figure out how to get all 3 guys involved. You design the offense around Russ and PG, and just let Melo get his shots as they come naturally.

It shouldn't have taken 10+ games to figure this out, Melo is like 34 and is basically a low-efficiency chucker, he should've never been looked at as a centerpiece.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Billy Donovan has been a huge disappointment. I don't know if he has an actual system. There's way too much standing around with very little off ball movement. 90% of the offense is players standing around watching one guy dribble, trying to take his man one on one. I understand that we have players who prefer playing in ISO sets but it can't be THAT much.

They need to get to the point where they understand that moving w/o the ball actually creates easier shots for everyone. I'm not sure why it's so hard for head coaches to drive this point home to their players.

D

Deuce

Wait, someone bumped this thread and it wasn’t to stand in awe of the Celtics 13 game win streak?

I am disappoint.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I turned the Golden State-Boston game off midway through the 3rd quarter when it looked like the Warriors would blow them out. Woke to a Boston win.

During this streak the Celtics have now overcome a 18 point 2nd half deficit at OKC and now a 17 point 2nd half deficit against the Warriors.

Very impressive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sixers have been fantastic tonight. Up 22 at halftime.

The ball movement and outside shooting has been too much for the Warriors to handle.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sixers blow a 24 point lead in one quarter. Now trail the Warriors 91-89 with 1:38 to play in the 3rd.

Life comes at you fast.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Billy Donovan is not the right coach for this group of players.

I know technically it's still early, but I just don't see it happening with this group led by that guy. I think they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

Sam Presti needs to realize that this is literally a one year audition for these guys. It would be foolish to piss this year away farting around with Billy Donovan.

We're barely a month into the season, look at this long list of embarrassing achievements that would even make Jason Garrett blush.

- Blown out by the Mavs who are easily one of the 4 worst teams in the NBA
- Beaten by the Kings who are also one of the 4 worst teams in the NBA
- Blew a double-digit lead to the Kings
- Blew 18 point halftime lead at home vs. Boston.
- Blew 15 point 3rd quarter lead at home vs Detroit.
- Blew 23 point 3rd quarter lead vs. San Antonio who were playing without Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard.
- Blew 19 point lead vs. shorthanded New Orleans team playing without Boogie Cousins.
- Blew 16 point 3rd quarter lead against Minnesota

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Damn.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What an outstanding 4th quarter that was.

I know our resident 76ers fans won't like it, but that was one helluva game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bulls doing an amazing job with the tank, a real solid 3-20 right now and they should be about 7-36 at best once Lavine come backs in January with a nice little buffer. Seems to me it's a 3 man draft at the top with Porter's injury so having the worst record has more to do with basically guaranteeing yourself one of the top 3, with the unlikely 30% or so chance that they end up at 4.

Top Bottom