NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - what is your take on the idea that CP3 "D'd up" Durant despite being 6 inches shorter?

You buying that?
Yeah, I'm buying it and it pissed me off on Sunday.

KD should have dominated that matchup but he allowed Paul to hold him in check and turn him over a few times. I know they sent doubles at him as well but KD still struggled adjusting to the smaller defender; he especially struggled with his dribble against Paul.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Another crazy finish between OKC & LAC.

OKC got a LOT of favorable calls in the final couple of minutes to pull off a miraculous comeback. They were down 13 with about 4 minutes to play and Durant struggled with his shot all night. I think he shot something like 5-20.

OKC had no business winning this game. Just like the Clippers had no business winning on Sunday.

This series is ridiculous.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was an incredible finish!

The play in question sure looked like Barnes got a piece and that results in the ball coming loose, but it sure is close. Still, even if Barnes didn't touch it, he still fouled Jackson and the Thunder got the ball as they should have.

But Jackson should be thanking his lucky stars that ball came back to them for blowing that easy 3 on 1 by foolishly holding onto ball and trying to selfishly finish the play.

If he passes to KD or Westbrook it's an easy layup.

Clippers can bitch all they want , but that was a choke job.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, epic choke job by the Clippers and the Thunder got lucky as hell. I don't like the OKC matchup for the Spurs even though I think the Spurs are by far the better team so I'm curious to see how that series will play out, I'm thinking Durant will need to average about 30 a night for them to win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of terrible OKC decisions that fortunately didn't cost them, that last shot from Westbrook was absolutely awful.

7 seconds on the clock and you take a 3 about 2 feet beyond the 3 point line with Paul right on you?

Lucky for him the ref was willing to call a foul there, because that was an unacceptable shot in that position from Westbrook.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yea, epic choke job by the Clippers and the Thunder got lucky as hell. I don't like the OKC matchup for the Spurs even though I think the Spurs are by far the better team so I'm curious to see how that series will play out, I'm thinking Durant will need to average about 30 a night for them to win.
OKC would beat the Spurs in 6. The Spurs have no one capable of stopping the OKC point guards. Reggie Jackson destroyed the Spurs this year.

He probably averaged over 20 a game vs. the Spurs.

Plus OKC has the length and athleticism to cover and bother the Spurs perimeter shooters.

1bigfan13

Staff member
But Jackson should be thanking his lucky stars that ball came back to them for blowing that easy 3 on 1 by foolishly holding onto ball and trying to selfishly finish the play.

If he passes to KD or Westbrook it's an easy layup.
I said the same thing.

Everyone in the house was sleep and I yelled out, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" :lol

He has the league MVP and a red hot Russell Westbrook wide open for an easy bucket and he wants to play hero. That SOB is lucky the Thunder pulled it out or he'd be getting destroyed right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
OKC would beat the Spurs in 6. The Spurs have no one capable of stopping the OKC point guards. Reggie Jackson destroyed the Spurs this year.

He probably averaged over 20 a game vs. the Spurs.

Plus OKC has the length and athleticism to cover and bother the Spurs perimeter shooters.
Yea I don't like how the Spurs matchup with OKC, on the other hand I think Miami would beat OKC relatively easily, just like a few years ago.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yea I don't like how the Spurs matchup with OKC, on the other hand I think Miami would beat OKC relatively easily, just like a few years ago.
Sadly, I concur.

We play too much ISO and Scott Brooks is a mental midget when it comes to offensive play calling.

Take a look at this video from game 4 of the OKC-LAC series. It's about 15 minutes of OKC running the same ineffective offensive set over and over again, allowing the Clippers to come back and steal a win.

This is a huge indictment of Scott Brook's coaching ability.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Pacers should be embarrassed. In an elimination game, in Indiana, how the hell do you get beat that badly?

Also, they were outrebounded 62-23. That's how you know there was just a total lack of effort.

I get that your shots might not fall some nights but effort has a lot to do with rebounding, and you don't get outrebounded by 40 unless you just don't give a damn. And apparently they didn't give damn.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Damn, Steve Kerr is turning down the Knicks to take the Warriors job.

Everyone is walking away from that organization. Carmelo is probably next.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nice choke by the Nets tonight.
I went to read an article about the game after seeing this.

The first sentence:

MIAMI (AP) -- This trip to the Eastern Conference finals did not come easily for Miami.

Uh, what?

A complete routing of the Bobcats in four games, and then the underachieving Nets who they burned through in five games. A real murderer's row.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wonder if this is it for Garnett.

I think Pierce is a year or two younger than KG so I can see him making another run at it.

D

Deuce

I wonder if this is it for Garnett.

I think Pierce is a year or two younger than KG so I can see him making another run at it.
It's gonna be nice spending those Nets first rounders in the next few years. This may have been a one year window for them with Garnett on his last leg, Pierce's inevitable major decline, Deron Williams looking like no more than an above average player right now and their big man's foot problem.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn, Steve Kerr is turning down the Knicks to take the Warriors job.

Everyone is walking away from that organization. Carmelo is probably next.
GS is a much better job, the Knicks are fucked for years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yup.

Got a nice young star to build around and a pretty solid team as a whole.

After Melo's certain departure in the next few months, the Knicks will have absolutely nothing to work with.

D

Deuce

Knicks were also supposedly hesitant to give him a 5 yr/$5M per yr deal.

Cant blame them them for that with his next to no coaching experience.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Feh. The Knicks have all the money in the world...they could have paid it without blinking. He just did not want to go to a lesser job.

Top Bottom