NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rose came in #9 today on the ESPN 2013 Player Rankings, behind Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard, and Stephen Curry.

Lulz.

Give that ranking about 6 weeks.

Knee injury downgrade only for Rose. The way he's been playing in preseason it looks like it doesn't bother him at all. If that's the case, he's gonna vault past what 2012 Dwight Howard offered pretty clearly and leave Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry in the dustbin.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Until he breaks something else.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chicago would not be in any pack, they are clearly better than the Clippers and Grizzlies and would be in the mix with the Spurs/Thunder for homecourt.
If you think they are clearly better then there is no need for any further discussion, but then you think adding Rose is going to magically make them better than they were 2 years ago not acknowledging that this team is not as deep as that team was.

By the way, who is going to provide that bench scoring or shooting for this team?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rose came in #9 today on the ESPN 2013 Player Rankings, behind Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard, and Stephen Curry.

Lulz.

Knee injury downgrade only for Rose. The way he's been playing in preseason it looks like it doesn't bother him at all. If that's the case, he's gonna vault past what 2012 Dwight Howard offered pretty clearly and leave Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry in the dustbin.
Irving is just as good the only reason Rose should be ranked ahead is that he has not played on a winner.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you think they are clearly better then there is no need for any further discussion, but then you think adding Rose is going to magically make them better than they were 2 years ago not acknowledging that this team is not as deep as that team was.

By the way, who is going to provide that bench scoring or shooting for this team?
Then there isn't any need for any further discussion.

The ability to space the floor is going to be a problem but this team is better than the one that lost to the Heat in the ECF.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Irving is just as good the only reason Rose should be ranked ahead is that he has not played on a winner.
If you think that then there is no need for any further discussion.

Maybe the fact that Kyrie has never played on a team with more than 24 wins is evidence that he's not "just as good as Rose."

Jiggyfly

Banned
If you think that then there is no need for any further discussion.

Maybe the fact that Kyrie has never played on a team with more than 24 wins is evidence that he's not "just as good as Rose."
Good thing I acknowledged that in my reply, right?:unsure

Jiggyfly

Banned
Then there isn't any need for any further discussion.

The ability to space the floor is going to be a problem but this team is better than the one that lost to the Heat in the ECF.
I don't see it, I think Butler is an upgrade but Korver and Asik were very valuable pieces this team does not have that depth to continue the same style of play.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Lulz.

I agree that Howard shouldn't be in front of Rose but Kyrie Irvin has been very impressive. Steph Curry has been flat out electric and unstoppable at times. I think I'd probably take him over Rose because he has a great handle, he's a great shooter, and he's not afraid of the big shot.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't see it, I think Butler is an upgrade but Korver and Asik were very valuable pieces this team does not have that depth to continue the same style of play.
You said the same thing last year about the bench and I told you that wasn't the case and it's the same thing now. Hinrich is better than Watson and can play both the 1 and the 2. Dunleavy is not as good a pure shooter as Korver but he is a better defender, rebounder and passer, he is also a far better shooter than Brewer. He's kind of a cross between Korver and Brewer in some ways actually in one package.

Gibson looks far better this year than I have ever seen him and of course Butler is a massive upgrade over Bogans, Noah and Boozer are also presumably far better now than they were then as they were hobbled by injuries all season.

The only big loss is Asik, and that one hurts, but Thibodeau worked around it last year and I'm sure it'll be fine again this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rose can dunk in a commercial, but chooses to sit out of a game. Gay.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You said the same thing last year about the bench and I told you that wasn't the case and it's the same thing now. Hinrich is better than Watson and can play both the 1 and the 2. Dunleavy is not as good a pure shooter as Korver but he is a better defender, rebounder and passer, he is also a far better shooter than Brewer. He's kind of a cross between Korver and Brewer in some ways actually in one package.

Gibson looks far better this year than I have ever seen him and of course Butler is a massive upgrade over Bogans, Noah and Boozer are also presumably far better now than they were then as they were hobbled by injuries all season.

The only big loss is Asik, and that one hurts, but Thibodeau worked around it last year and I'm sure it'll be fine again this year.
I'd like to have a legit 4th big man because Nazr Muhammed is terribad, but Gibson looks better than ever so that makes up for it. Obviously health is key because if any of Noah, Boozer, or Gibson go down, it's gonna be problematic. Too bad Mirotic can't come over now, haha.

But yeah, I think this is the best constructed team they've had. Korver and Brewer were completely one-dimensional. Valuable, sure, but exploitable by the better teams. If they can keep their rotations about 8-9 deep this year they will be fricking sickly.

With Butler's emergence and Dunleavy and Hinrich as your bench wingers (as opposed to last year where Hinrich was your starting PG), you basically have three upgrades to the last team Rose played for: Better at starting SG, and two better bench wing players.

On top of that, Snell looks halfway decent too. If he contributes and Marquise Teague develops, you'll have a very nice cast. If not, you still have a combo PG/SG to soak up minutes at both those spots in Hinrich, and a combo SG/SF to soak up minutes at both those spots in Dunleavy, and the production at each of those spots is better than the last 2 years.

The two things I'd like are, as I said, another big man who is more than a warm body, and one more spark scorer off the bench, because that we don't seem to have. Guys like Hinrich and Dunleavy will be excellent inserted into a rotation WITH starters, but if you ever have to put a 5 man bench onto the floor of Teague/Hinrich, Hinrich/Snell, Dunleavy, Gibson, and Muhammed, that's gonna be brutal.

One more defensive or rebounding big, and a guy who can score a little like Nate Robinson did. They have Mike James for that right now, but.... meh.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
24 points in 28 minutes, yawn, no big thing.

Put this man back in the top 5 where he belongs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
ESPN does their rankings every year of like, 500 NBA players, counting down from 500. They haven't announced #2 or #1 yet, they are only down to #3, but there are only 2 players left, and there are two obvious players who haven't been named yet.... Lebron and Durant. And the order should be obvious.

So that being said, I'll go ahead and post the NBA's rankings, until it's so far along as to be irrelevant for discussion on this board and I get tired of posting more of them.

1) Lebron James, Heat
2) Kevin Durant, Thunder
3) Chris Paul, Clippers
4) James Harden, Rockets
5) Russel Westbook, Thunder
6) Stephen Curry, Warriors
7) Dwight Howard, Rockets
8) Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers
9) Derrick Rose, Bulls
10) Marc Gasol, Grizzlies
11) Kevin Love, Timberwolves
12) Tony Parker, Spurs
13) Paul George, Pacers
14) Blake Griffin, Clippers
15) Carmelo Anthony, Knicks
16) Tim Duncan, Spurs
17) LaMarcus Aldridge, Trail Blazers
18) Dwyane Wade, Heat
19) Al Horford, Hawks
20) Deron Williams, Nets
21) John Wall, Wizards
22) Roy Hibbert, Pacers
23) Joakim Noah, Bulls
24) Chris Bosh, Heat
25) Kobe Bryant, Lakers
26) Dirk Nowitski, Mavericks
27) Rajon Rondo, Celtics
28) Brook Lopez, Nets
29) Pau Gasol, Lakers
30) Damian Lillard, Trail Blazers
31) Andre Iguodala, Warriors
32) Mike Conley, Grizzlies
33) Anthony Davis, Pelicans
34) Kawhi Leonard, Spurs
35) Zach Randolph, Grizzlies
36) Josh Smith, Pistons
37) Tyson Chandler, Knicks
38) Ty Lawson, Nuggets
39) Serge Ibaka, Thunder
40) Demarcus Cousins, Kings
41) Kevin Garnett, Nets
42) Greg Monroe, Pistons
43) Jrue Holiday, Pelicans
44) David West, Pacers
45) Larry Sanders, Bucks
46) Luol Deng, Bulls
47) Kenneth Faried, Nuggets
48) Paul Pierce, Nets
49) Ricky Rubio, Timberwolves
50) Paul Millsap, Hawks
51) David Lee, Warriors
52) Al Jefferson, Bobcats
53) Nikola Pekovic, Timberwolves
54) Andre Drummond, Pistons
55) Rudy Gay, Raptors
56) Ryan Anderson, Pelicans
57) Nic Batum, Trail Blazers,
58) Chandler Parsons, Rockets
59) Joe Johnson, Nets
60) Klay Thompson, Warriors
61) Carlos Boozer, Bulls
62) Anderson Varejao, Cavaliers
63) Eric Bledsoe, Suns
64) Omer Asik, Rockets
65) Andrew Bogut, Warriors
66) Jimmy Butler, Bulls
67) Tony Allen, Grizzlies
68) Derrick Favors, Jazz
69) Danny Granger, Pacers
70) Brandon Jennings, Pistons
71) Eric Gordon, Pelicans
72) Danilo Galinardi, Nuggets
73) Bradley Beal, Wizards
74) Jeff Teague, Hawks
75) Nene, Wizards
76) Harrison Barnes, Warriors
77) Deandre Jordan, Clippers
78) Kyle Lowry, Raptors
79) Tyreke Evans, Pelicans
80) Kemba Walker, Bobcats
81) Kevin Martin, Timberwolves
82) Jonas Valanciunas, Raptors
83) Jeff Green, Celtics
84) Monta Ellis, Mavericks
85) George Hill, Pacers
86) Manu Ginobili, Spurs
87) Marcin Gortat, Suns
88) Steve Nash, Lakers
89) Thaddeus Young, Sixers
90) Gordon Haywood, Jazz
91) OJ Mayo, Bucks
92) JJ Redick, Clippers
93) JR Smith, Knicks
94) Ersan Ilyasova, Bucks
95) Ray Allen, Heat
96) Jamal Crawford, Clippers
97) Nikola Vucevic, Magic
98) JaVale McGee, Nuggets
99) Tristan Thompson, Cavaliers
100) Andrew Bynum, Cavaliers
101) Andrei Kirilenko, Nets
102) Avery Bradley, Celtics
103) Taj Gibson, Bulls

Rest of the list starting here

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rose should be 4, right behind CP3.

He'll be there before long this season. I guess you have to downgrade him right now because he's been off for a year, but he'll prove he's there very soon.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So only the Bulls entire starting 5 plus their first big off the bench is on the list, probably no better than the Clippers or Grizzlies though.

And Rose will be 2 or 3 after this year after his usual CP3 ass-whippings.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So only the Bulls entire starting 5 plus their first big off the bench is on the list, probably no better than the Clippers or Grizzlies though.

And Rose will be 2 or 3 after this year after his usual CP3 ass-whippings.
Warriors have 6 on the list. Harrison Barnes is their 6th, he's not a "big", he's a wing, but still.

But there mere fact that the Bulls are going to be clearly better than the Warriors this season is one of the reasons why Rose >>>> Curry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom