NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Lebron is not a killer, but he's more aggressive now than he was before and he came up huge in game 7 late to help seal that win.

I don't see any Kobe Bryant in Derrick Rose. He doesn't exactly have this rep for being this clutch late game player nor do I see him telling everyone to GTFO when he has the ball later either.

I think you're overrating him a bit.
You're not paying attention, then. Rose definitely has a killer instinct and a "F you, I'm doing this shit, get out of my way" attitude when he needs to put a team on his back.

He hasn't won a championship doing it yet as the Bulls keep running into the Heat who are just straight up better.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And as a huge middle finger to Ace's preference of Paul George, Rose goes 9-15 and drops 32 and 9 on the Pacers last night without Noah or Butler in the starting lineup. Albeit preseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Both teams had most of their starters in during the last 5 minutes and were seemingly trying to win, it was good end of game situation practice. If the Bulls are healthy, I don't think the Pacers are too much of a threat, they will be a tough out of course but I'd be very confident in a series against them.

And George over Rose will be considered laughable in about 2 months time, he looks even better than I remember him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
About 3 months from now nobody will even consider Harden over Rose and sure as shit not a guy like George, and by the end of the year I'm thinking him and Durant will at least be roughly tied behind LeBron as the 2nd best player in the league, just as it was before he got hurt.
Harden is going to continue to be in that discussion he has zero holes is his, he finishes a notch below Rose but has him in every other aspect, shooting and passing.

His numbers might dip a bit this year but that's because we diversifying the offense with Howard board but his numbers will much more efficient than Rose.

What do you think Rose is going to do that's so much better than Harden?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Harden is going to continue to be in that discussion he has zero holes is his, he finishes a notch below Rose but has him in every other aspect, shooting and passing.

His numbers might dip a bit this year but that's because we diversifying the offense with Howard board but his numbers will much more efficient than Rose.

Play in fewer games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Be the best player/the number one option on a championship contender.

I still don't believe Houston is anything more than a 2nd round exit and if healthy Howard is the best player on that team.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Rose was 23 when he tore his knee up and is 25 now. Long way to go before it's all said and done. I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems that some are forgetting how good he was before he got hurt and he has a lot of time left in his career to distinguish himself even further with a Championship.

But he better move quick because the Sixers are coming with the two lottery picks last year and the two hopeful lottery picks in next year's stacked draft and a shit ton of cap space. Kidding but do you guys think Michael Carter Williams can be a decent PG? The only thing I'm worried about Noel is his knee. If he's healthy I think he's going to be very good especially on the defensive end. Needs to add strength and an offensive game though.

And what about next years draft? Stacked. College ball is going to be great this year knowing that two really good players are going to be Sixers next year. I just hope the Pelicans don't surprise this year and F up our other #1. They have some pretty good talent albeit young.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like MCW, he can't really shoot but he can be an all around stat stuffer and provide some interesting looks because of his size.

As for Rose, I understand where people are coming from on him, he hasn't played in 18 months. On the other hand, people are forgetting how he good he is/was, he looks at least as good if not better than I've ever seen him from an athletic standpoint right now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rose was 23 when he tore his knee up and is 25 now. Long way to go before it's all said and done. I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems that some are forgetting how good he was before he got hurt and he has a lot of time left in his career to distinguish himself even further with a Championship.

But he better move quick because the Sixers are coming with the two lottery picks last year and the two hopeful lottery picks in next year's stacked draft and a shit ton of cap space. Kidding but do you guys think Michael Carter Williams can be a decent PG? The only thing I'm worried about Noel is his knee. If he's healthy I think he's going to be very good especially on the defensive end. Needs to add strength and an offensive game though.

And what about next years draft? Stacked. College ball is going to be great this year knowing that two really good players are going to be Sixers next year. I just hope the Pelicans don't surprise this year and F up our other #1. They have some pretty good talent albeit young.
MCW is going to be limited initially, but he does have a knack for getting to the rim. His outside shot is horrid, but we've seen PGs like Rondo improve with time.

Wiggins at 1 and McGary at 7 for the Sixers next year and I am jerking it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
MCW could be decent, but he's not gonna be the build around piece for the Sixers. They need to hit big on their two lottery picks and Noel needs to pan out, then that's your core. MCW can be the starting PG on a team with those other three guys carrying the workload.

Or if you draft a PG like Marcus Smart, MCW is your bench guy.

PS, I doubt McGary goes that high. He'll end up being a high motor white guy but teams always downgrade in the draft for lack of athleticism, look for him in the teens.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree about McGary although everything can change in a years time, Embiid is probably the 2nd best big man prospect right now after Randle obviously.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And I like McGary. He could be that spark Joakim Noah type player but with more offense.

But I just doubt he goes high. I'd guess outside the top 10.

Noah went at 9 and it was a weak-as-shit draft where after the first couple players there was nothing... and a lot of people still hated the pick and said he was taken too early because he didn't have the athleticism and offensive upside potential to merit the selection that early (though in terms of college production Noah obviously merited being selected higher than 9th). McGary will be coming into one of the strongest drafts we've seen in years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Be the best player/the number one option on a championship contender.

I still don't believe Houston is anything more than a 2nd round exit and if healthy Howard is the best player on that team.
So let me get this straight your propping Rose because he is the best player and number one option on that roster, Harden would be the same guy in Chicago.

Chicago could just as easily have a second round exit if they played in the west which is much more top heavy.

What exactly does Rose do so much better than Harden in your mind.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So let me get this straight your propping Rose because he is the best player and number one option on that roster, Harden would be the same guy in Chicago.

Chicago could just as easily have a second round exit if they played in the west which is much more top heavy.

What exactly does Rose do so much better than Harden in your mind.
Yes I'm propping him because he took a team of role-players to the conference finals and won an MVP, something I don't really see coming from Harden unless Howard regains his form of about 3 years ago, making him the best player on that team. And the Rockets won what, 45 games last year?

I'm supposed to be impressed by that?

And is the West really so top heavy?

Heat vs. Spurs?

Bulls vs. Thunder?

Pacers vs. Grizzlies?

Statistically Rose and Harden are not that different, and Harden is a top 10 player so we're kind of splitting hairs, but Rose looks like the more physically dominant player for his position, the guy I'd rather have to close a tight game. You also have to consider that the Rockets are one of the most uptempo teams in the league which exaggerates Harden's stats while the Bulls are one of the slower paced teams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes I'm propping him because he took a team of role-players to the conference finals and won an MVP, something I don't really see coming from Harden unless Howard regains his form of about 3 years ago, making him the best player on that team. And the Rockets won what, 45 games last year?

I'm supposed to be impressed by that?

And is the West really so top heavy?

Heat vs. Spurs?

Bulls vs. Thunder?

Pacers vs. Grizzlies?

Statistically Rose and Harden are not that different, and Harden is a top 10 player so we're kind of splitting hairs, but Rose looks like the more physically dominant player for his position, the guy I'd rather have to close a tight game. You also have to consider that the Rockets are one of the most uptempo teams in the league which exaggerates Harden's stats while the Bulls are one of the slower paced teams.
Took a team of role players.:lol

If Deng and Boozer are just role players, Asik Parsons, and Lin are scrubs, and Harden won 45 games with them.

Yes the west is top heavy Chicago would be in the pack with Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder in the East they are top 3 easily.

And Rose dominates the offense much more than Harden so that mitigates the tempo argument, Rose had a dominant year but he was also exposed against a good defensive team sorry but beating the Bucs and the Hawks on the way to the conference finals is nothing to crow about.

You were saying a lot of these same things about Westbrook and we see how that argument turned out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

If Deng and Boozer are just role players, Asik Parsons, and Lin are scrubs, and Harden won 45 games with them.

Yes the west is top heavy Chicago would be in the pack with Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder in the East they are top 3 easily.

And Rose dominates the offense much more than Harden so that mitigates the tempo argument, Rose had a dominant year but he was also exposed against a good defensive team sorry but beating the Bucs and the Hawks on the way to the conference finals is nothing to crow about.

You were saying a lot of these same things about Westbrook and we see how that argument turned out.
Ok, Deng+role players, Noah and Boozer were both in and out of the lineup that entire season with injuries and played pretty bad in the playoffs.

Chicago would not be in any pack, they are clearly better than the Clippers and Grizzlies and would be in the mix with the Spurs/Thunder for homecourt.

They beat the Pacers in the 1st round that year and being exposed against the best defensive team in the league in your 3rd season is nothing to be embarrassed about, hell LeBron had been exposed several times in the playoffs in just the same fashion in his first couple of years.

I would also still take Rose over Westbrook.

The fact of the matter is the last time we saw Rose on the biggest of stages it was his 3rd year in the league under a first year head coach with a surrounding cast that was good but lacked in several areas. It's hard to argue over someone who hasn't played in 18 months but health issues aside I'd take Rose over anybody in the league not named LeBron or Durant, and I suspect by the end of the year Durant/Rose will be back to the tossup it was before he got hurt.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I like MCW, he can't really shoot but he can be an all around stat stuffer and provide some interesting looks because of his size.
MCW is going to be limited initially, but he does have a knack for getting to the rim. His outside shot is horrid, but we've seen PGs like Rondo improve with time.
MCW could be decent, but he's not gonna be the build around piece for the Sixers. They need to hit big on their two lottery picks and Noel needs to pan out, then that's your core. MCW can be the starting PG on a team with those other three guys carrying the workload.

Or if you draft a PG like Marcus Smart, MCW is your bench guy.
MCW has to really work hard at two things. Become a better shooter and limit his turnovers. You can become a better shooter if you put the work in so hopefully he does that. So far in 5 meaningless preseason he's made 10-21 2pt shots and 6-20 3pt shots. He has 25 assists to 7 turnovers so far, not too bad. We'll see how he does when the games count and he's going against the top points in the league.

It's going to be multiple years before the Sixers are any good so he just has to keep improving each year.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Another thing where do you guys think Noel plays? PF? I guess C at times because teams go to smaller lineups without many legit centers. I was thinking who would look good at C playing alongside Noel and I'd love to get Greg Monroe somehow. On the offensive end Noel has no game right now and will play mostly inside while Monroe likes to drift out and knock down some longer jumpers. Am I stupid for thinking they would play well together?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

GTFO with Clippers and Grizzlies.

Top Bottom