NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With KAT being out for a while with a torn meniscus, OKC looks like the favorite to claim the #1 seed in the West with about 20 games to go.

If they close the deal they'll be the rare #1 seed with low expectations as most people think it'll be the Nuggets or Clippers coming out of the West. I've seen a lot of love for the Lakers as well, even though they're sitting in the 9th slot. IDK why....I can only assume it's the Lebron effect.

Personally I'll be satisfied with a 2nd round appearance. I just don't think we'll be as easy an out as most experts think. We're 3-1 vs Denver; 2-0 vs Phoenix; 2-1 vs LA Clippers; and 2-2 vs Minnesota. The Lakers are the only playoff team that's had OKC's number (1-3).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
With KAT being out for a while with a torn meniscus, OKC looks like the favorite to claim the #1 seed in the West with about 20 games to go.

If they close the deal they'll be the rare #1 seed with low expectations as most people think it'll be the Nuggets or Clippers coming out of the West. I've seen a lot of love for the Lakers as well, even though they're sitting in the 9th slot. IDK why....I can only assume it's the Lebron effect.

Personally I'll be satisfied with a 2nd round appearance. I just don't think we'll be as easy an out as most experts think. We're 3-1 vs Denver; 2-0 vs Phoenix; 2-1 vs LA Clippers; and 2-2 vs Minnesota. The Lakers are the only playoff team that's had OKC's number (1-3).

I hate more than my usual share of teams in the West this year, so I hope OKC goes far.

There seems like a shitload of injuries to star players this year.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

I think Denver gets #1 seed.

Jokic is a fucking magician, wizard, something. Can't jump...may be best player in game.

Genghis Khan

Jesus. They just don't call travels on Giannis. I think he has like 4 or 5 uncalled tonight.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think Denver gets #1 seed.

Jokic is a fucking magician, wizard, something. Can't jump...may be best player in game.
They have been on a roll since the All-Star break. They flipped the switched after Jokic sent the team a text telling them that it's time to start acting like champions.

The best game plan to beat them is to just concede that Jokic is going to get his points and concentrate on slowing down MPJ, Murray, and co.

Even that's not guaranteed because outside of Jokic they have about three guys who can easily average over 20 ppg.

Genghis Khan

Losing to Doc hurts, doesn't it? :lol

Not without Embiid. The Sixers suck without Embiid and the Bucks should be embarrassed for almost losing.

And Glenn's true art is losing to inferior teams and/or blowing game and series leads in the postseason. So we have that to look forward to.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not without Embiid. The Sixers suck without Embiid and the Bucks should be embarrassed for almost losing.

And Glenn's true art is losing to inferior teams and/or blowing game and series leads in the postseason. So we have that to look forward to.
Looking at the standings there's a real chance that the Sixers and Bucks will face each other in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You guys are supposed to warn me that the Rockets are winning.

Top Bottom