Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Chatter Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    Brad Stevens is the greatest coach in NBA history.

    Probably.

    Comment


    • I could see this one coming. Defense was horrid.

      Comment


      • Brad Stevens effectively ended the Sixers' season tonight. He was two steps ahead of the Sixers staff in crunch time.

        He was toying with their minds like Thanos with the reality stone.

        Comment


        • Covington letting Horford get behind him on that inbound was brutal.

          Comment


          • Another bonehead mistake was Ben Simmons grabbing the offensive rebound with about 20 seconds left and immediately putting the shot back up.

            Sixers were up 1 at that point. All he had to do was hold onto the ball and wait for Boston to foul.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
              Another bonehead mistake was Ben Simmons grabbing the offensive rebound with about 20 seconds left and immediately putting the shot back up.

              Sixers were up 1 at that point. All he had to do was hold onto the ball and wait for Boston to foul.

              I forgot about that but that was a HUGE mistake.

              Win probability probably shifted about 50 points on that one play.

              Comment


              • The Sixers immaturity and lack of experience was on full display in that game. Stevens is an awesome coach obviously but the game came down to stupid ass decisions and silly turnovers by the Sixers in the last few minutes/OT which don't really have much to do with Stevens.

                Comment


                • Get your east fixation over with. Real series begins soon.

                  Hopefully the Rockets dont embarrass me.
                  #Fire Garrett

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                    The Sixers immaturity and lack of experience was on full display in that game. Stevens is an awesome coach obviously but the game came down to stupid ass decisions and silly turnovers by the Sixers in the last few minutes/OT which don't really have much to do with Stevens.

                    Completely true.

                    Comment


                    • As much as I hoped we would beat up on Boston, this was the more likely outcome. It pains me to say, but I have mad respect for the C's and Stevens. Top to bottom they know their roles and play them...step up when they have to, let the game play out because their plans usually work. Morris and Horford deserve much credit because their attitude and toughness sets the tone.

                      For the Sixers...this is good for us. I think they thought they would just throw their jerseys out there and teams wpuld fold. We'll get better...seeing McConnell do his thing last night made me look forward to a full season of Fultz creating and taking ball handing responsibilities off of Simmons.

                      Comment


                      • When a series only goes 5 games, you assume it was completely dominated by one team. But this C’s/6ers series was fun to watch. This rivalry will probably give us a ton of great series in the next 10 years with all the young talent on display.

                        Comment


                        • 5 game series’ aren’t always lopsided. Sometimes they are 5 very tight games that all just break one way.

                          Rangers-Kings Stanley Cup was like that in 2015. Two Kings wins went to double OT, another went to single OT, and the fourth win was a one goal game.

                          There was one or two puck bounces each game that decided that series.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                            When a series only goes 5 games, you assume it was completely dominated by one team. But this C’s/6ers series was fun to watch. This rivalry will probably give us a ton of great series in the next 10 years with all the young talent on display.
                            That's true. It was a fun series and pretty much every game could have gone either way. Sixers shot themselves in the foot way too often. Boston looked like a much more poised team. Or maybe we're just seeing the difference in experience right now.

                            One thing I know for sure is that I want to punch Aron Baynes in the face.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

                              One thing I know for sure is that I want to punch Aron Baynes in the face.


                              I think that’s the mark of a truly effective white International Center.

                              Comment


                              • There is entirely not enough discussion about who the Bulls are taking either at 6 or when they move up into the top 3 in the lottery, and who they are getting in free agency, establishing a new era Bulls dynasty in the process.

                                Markkanen-Porter Jr- Cousins trio? That probably runs with the best in the East if Porter is legit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X