First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• He's right but tanking should have nothing to do with the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
        He's right but tanking should have nothing to do with the players.
        Of course he's right, but I don't think I have ever seen an owner publicly call for it.... to the players, especially.

Comment

• 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
            This is just not a good day for Cuban.

Comment

• Ridiculous.

Comment

• I'm watching highlights from last night's Lakers-Pelicans game and I'm amazed at how poorly Lonzo Ball shoots the ball. He was actually a respectable shooter in college. Not great, but not horrible. As a pro he's been a sub par shooter since day 1.

Lakers management has to be kicking themselves for buying into the hype of slick-talking Lavar Ball.

I think he will eventually carve out a decent career for himself, but you can't justify taking a backcourt player who can't shoot in the top 5 of a draft. In hindsight he's more of a late 1st round pick kind of talent.

Comment

• Ball's college shooting percentage was fine but there were people questioning whether it translates to the pros because his shot is weird and slow. So yeah I think the Lakers fell for the hype a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                    Ball's college shooting percentage was fine but there were people questioning whether it translates to the pros because his shot is weird and slow. So yeah I think the Lakers fell for the hype a little.
                    I can understand his FG% taking a dip because the competition is better and it's harder to get a shot off with that weird shooting motion of his, but even his FT% is down. He's shooting somewhere around 45% from the FT line as a pro. Whereas in college he was hitting FTs around the 70% mark.
                    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 03-23-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Lonzo Ball is trash just like his daddeh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                        I can understand his FG% taking a dip because the competition is better and it's harder to get a shot off with that weird shooting motion of his, but even his FT% is down. He's shooting somewhere around 45% from the FT line as a pro. Whereas in college he was hitting FTs around the 70% mark.
                        True that shouldn't affect his FT shooting I wouldn't think.

Comment

• I don't know if I agree that LaVar Ball is trash.

He's certainly annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                            I don't know if I agree that LaVar Ball is trash.

He's certainly annoying.
                            He is an extreme attention whore. AKA trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              He is an extreme attention whore. AKA trash.
                              He's definitely that.

However I think he is playing a calculated game of chess not checkers.

It may all backfire, but I think he's taking the risk knowingly and willingly. He's gambling his oldest son's second contract on turning millions into billions.

That being said, I understand the risk/reward. I mean, even if he make everyone wary of Lonzo and giving him a max deal, there is no real outcome that would prevent Lonzo from not having at least a second contract in the NBA. Even if he's a 10ppg player only, he has enough buzz around him for another contract at age, what 23 or 24? Someone will give him $30 million, $50 million, whatever.

He may also be destroying his younger son's values (though neither of them are as good as Lonzo). But with Lonzo on board and subsidizing this risk with his own guaranteed rookie contract of $33 million, and a second contract pretty much in the bag (again, teams will take risks on a player of his caliber all day long) at another $30 million or so, that's a lot of house money.

He's gambling that max contract of $200 million to try to turn Lonzo and his brothers into a brand for BILLIONS. Sure, he's a loud mouthed attention whore, but he knows that's how to get people interested and buying. Look at Donald Trump. That's how society works these days.

When you have probably $60 million to fall back on, I think a gamble of $200 million for $2 billion in an interesting idea.

That's definitely what he's doing. He's also drawing all the attention but his sons are also gonna benefit tremendously if it works out.

I mean, I can't hate him. He's a father who is interested in promoting his sons for their financial well being. He could be a lot worse of a person.

Comment

• Philly is nice right now. Young, but not soft...feel good about at least a series win.

Comment

Working...
                                X