NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Thunder are 9-4 fresh off a two game sweep of the Warriors in SF.

I pegged them as a 45-win team at best, but Chet's been a lot better than I anticipated. They may actually flirt with 50 wins this season.

Check out Chet's line from last night. He also hit a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to send the game into OT.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Clippers are 4-0 against the Spurs and Blazers.

The Clippers are 2-8 against the rest of the NBA.

:laff

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, the in season tournament is still really really dumb.
So stupid. I still can't believe they did that.

I don't keep up with the league anymore... What is the general reaction to it?

Genghis Khan

I like how TNT is acting like there's never been a good regular season game until the tournament came along.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So what exactly are the benefits of winning this tournament?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Genghis Khan

Why do you guys think that's a good thing. I'm reading Mavs fans on Reddit lamenting that they now have a worse owner but still have Cuban in charge of basketball.

Sort of like if Jerry sold the majority stake of the Cowboys but still by terms of the deal has control of the football operations.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why do you guys think that's a good thing. I'm reading Mavs fans on Reddit lamenting that they now have a worse owner but still have Cuban in charge of basketball.

Sort of like if Jerry sold the majority stake of the Cowboys but still by terms of the deal has control of the football operations.
I'm not a Mavs fan. I was just surprised at it.

I do think it's funny that Cuban must be having to do this when he's always thought of as such a money genius. Haven't looked in years, but when I used to check those things, his net worth had barely increased from when he bought the team relative to his billionaire competitors. His was much closer to what a generic stock investor would make.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I really hate this prick.
I'm no LeBron fan but this is really not that big of a deal.

First, it's just a song.

Second, we're the only country with the idiotic tradition of singing the national anthem before EVERY single sporting event.

Third, a guy that famous doesn't just walk through the common areas like everyone and there were probably logistics involved to get him and his family to their seats and that's why he got there when he did.

I swear people look for reasons to be outraged these days.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm no LeBron fan but this is really not that big of a deal.

First, it's just a song.

Second, we're the only country with the idiotic tradition of singing the national anthem before EVERY single sporting event.

Third, a guy that famous doesn't just walk through the common areas like everyone and there were probably logistics involved to get him and his family to their seats and that's why he got there when he did.

I swear people look for reasons to be outraged these days.
It's not just a song. It's a short moment in time to pay respect. And just because he is some famous guy, doesn't excuse him from showing a little bit of decency.

And it's not like this is something that we've just recently started doing. This has been a part of American culture long before any of us were alive.

The first documented time that it was played at an American sporting event came at a baseball game in 1862, during the Civil War. The tradition of playing it at sports events got a dramatic boost at the 1918 World Series, during World War I.

Top Bottom