NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
By the way the fact that Harden's "liar" rant was about Morey not trading him yet despite being offered trash for Harden so far makes Harden look even worse.

What a petulant, entitled crybaby.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
By the way the fact that Harden's "liar" rant was about Morey not trading him yet despite being offered trash for Harden so far makes Harden look even worse.

What a petulant, entitled crybaby.
Should trade him to the Mavs

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The NBA sucks and it will never get the genie back into the bottle. The inmates run the asylum there now.

I invite and welcome you all into the much superior sport of hockey.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
However, ESPN's Brian Windhorst explained on Wednesday's episode of Get Up that Harden's pressure tactics might not work because of a provision within the collective bargaining agreement that affects his potential free agency next summer that would hinder him from holding out of training camp.

"I don't think it's that simple," Windhorst said. "I don't think it's as easy for him to hold out because there is an obscure rule that exists buried in the NBA CBA that if he doesn't report within 30 days of the opening of training camp, the Sixers actually have the right to block him from becoming a free agent next year. This is a measure that was put in to prevent these types of holdout situations, so Harden is holding a very limited amount of leverage."

:laff
He'll show up to camp.....but he'll develop a 'mysterious' hamstring or back issue that will prevent him from participating.

That's essentially what he did in his final days in Brooklyn to force his way out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The NBA is probing that comment?
No, not specifically the "liar" part.

They're looking into whether there was some type of under-the-table contractual agreement in place.

In the early 2000s the Timberwolves got hammered for negotiating secret deals with Joe Smith. They ended up being fined and losing five 1st round picks and Smith's contract was voided.

That was during the David Stern era though. Adam Silver is much more cowardly, which is why the players have become so entitled and empowered to not honor their contracts, fake injuries, and load manage.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like the Celtics are benefiting from the Dame Lillard trade.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Looks like the Celtics are benefiting from the Dame Lillard trade.

Love bringing Jrue aboard, but it really shouldn't have been necessary. If the Clippers didn't act like bitches on draft night, Brogdon would have went there instead to bring KP over. Smart and Rob could have stayed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Holiday is nice but I don't see him making a significant difference in terms of what the Celtics were last year vs. this year. They're still a clear number 2 in the East now that the Bucks have Lillard and I don't think they'd stand a great chance against the Nuggets, although they match up a bit better with them all things considered.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Holiday is nice but I don't see him making a significant difference in terms of what the Celtics were last year vs. this year. They're still a clear number 2 in the East now that the Bucks have Lillard and I don't think they'd stand a great chance against the Nuggets, although they match up a bit better with them all things considered.
Game 1 in the books and Porzingas showed exactly why they needed to make the move. Elite post and pick/roll defense and elite scoring. The J’s (Jaylen especially) had a terrible stretch in the 4th Q tonight and KP held it down while also knocking down the go ahead 3 from Steph range. Jrue basically had a solid Marcus Smart style game which is basically his floor on a nightly basis.

Rev

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
At least the Rockets had an impressive showing. :unsure

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll raise you the Chicago Bulls players throwing a tantrum after their opening night loss to the Thunder.

OKC beat them so soundly that the Bulls called a players only meeting after 1 damn game. :lol

The Bulls are a really interesting situation.

I wonder if eventually the Bulls and Sixers pull something off (maybe with a third party like the Clippers).

Top Bottom