NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member

I was a Celtics fan and in Army boot camp when he died. I didn't find out about his death until about a week later because we couldn't watch TV or listen to the radio back then. Sundays were our down days so the drill sergeants allowed us the luxury of reading the Sunday paper. About a week after he'd died I just happened to catch a blurb in the newspaper about his memorial service. That F'd up the rest of my Sunday.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
I don't know why these teams think they're obligated to pay these outrageous salaries for 2nd tier stars.
2nd team all NBA isn’t a scrub. And if you don’t pay them, someone else will. What choice do you have? You can’t tell me you’re happy the Thunder broke up their big 3 if there was a chance to sign Harden.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
2nd team all NBA isn’t a scrub. And if you don’t pay them, someone else will. What choice do you have? You can’t tell me you’re happy the Thunder broke up their big 3 if there was a chance to sign Harden.
Everybody should be happy to get Harden off your team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The funny thing is, Harden is kind of screwed. Morey isn't going to trade him for trash. But as of right now no one is offering anything but trash. Which isn't surprising given the trade demand is his THiRD in 4 years. Not to mention he's aging.

Also, Harden has been floating rumors that he was considering going to Houston since December. Those rumors were certainly coming from Harden's camp given once the off-season hit Houston seemed to have zero interest.

And yet Harden opted into his contract. Why? If Morey is such a liar and you'll never play for him again, opt out. But he opted in because he wouldn't have gotten even his current contract anywhere else.

But somehow Morey is the problem?

1bigfan13

Staff member
The funny thing is, Harden is kind of screwed. Morey isn't going to trade him for trash. But as of right now no one is offering anything but trash. Which isn't surprising given the trade demand is his THiRD in 4 years. Not to mention he's aging.

Also, Harden has been floating rumors that he was considering going to Houston since December. Those rumors were certainly coming from Harden's camp given once the off-season hit Houston seemed to have zero interest.

And yet Harden opted into his contract. Why? If Morey is such a liar and you'll never play for him again, opt out. But he opted in because he wouldn't have gotten even his current contract anywhere else.

But somehow Morey is the problem?
The clown tanked his own value with that shitty playoff performance. Struggling in the playoffs has become a pattern with him. Teams have eyes and see the writing on the wall.

His regular season numbers are still great and certainly worthy of a larger contract, but no one wants to pay $40 million per year for a guy who has repeatedly shown that he checks out in the playoffs at the first sign of adversity.

Genghis Khan

However, ESPN's Brian Windhorst explained on Wednesday's episode of Get Up that Harden's pressure tactics might not work because of a provision within the collective bargaining agreement that affects his potential free agency next summer that would hinder him from holding out of training camp.

"I don't think it's that simple," Windhorst said. "I don't think it's as easy for him to hold out because there is an obscure rule that exists buried in the NBA CBA that if he doesn't report within 30 days of the opening of training camp, the Sixers actually have the right to block him from becoming a free agent next year. This is a measure that was put in to prevent these types of holdout situations, so Harden is holding a very limited amount of leverage."

:laff

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The NBA is probing that comment?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I thought the same thing.
After I posted that, I think I figured it out. The NBA is so desperate to appear "pro-player" that anytime a player feels aggrieved, they have to investigate. :doh

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
After I posted that, I think I figured it out. The NBA is so desperate to appear "pro-player" that anytime a player feels aggrieved, they have to investigate. :doh
It's James Harden.

Genghis Khan

It's because they hate the Sixers. They forced the evil Colangelos on us and forced us to dump Hinke. They took a draft pick away from us this year for "tampering", which every God damn team does.

So of course they're investigating Harden's comment. Despite the fact that they already investigated the team last year and found there was no handshake deal for him to take less money last year (the tampering charge stuck for Tucker and House though but I mean really, who the frick tampers for Danuel House?).

In short, fuck Adam Silver. Emaciated alien looking asshole

Top Bottom