NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To be fair Giannis basically missed the first 3 games where they went 1-2, with him they likely go 2-1 and the whole series is flipped.

But yea, Miami has some weird voodoo going on right now that's kind of inexplicable.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
To be fair Giannis basically missed the first 3 games where they went 1-2, with him they likely go 2-1 and the whole series is flipped.

But yea, Miami has some weird voodoo going on right now that's kind of inexplicable.
But Miami was missing 2 key players during that series as well, Oladipo and Herro.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Milwaukee fans were probably making similar rationalizations. At some point you have to just accept that what you're seeing in front of you is reality.
Milwaukee didn't have the Miami scrubs hitting 50% of their 3's. They were dominated by Jimmy Butler and at times Bam.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Crazy stat I heard last night:

Spo in close out games against other teams is something like 14-0
Spo in close out games against Tatum/Brown, 0 for his last 5.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Off the top of my head, I can only recall one single instance where a team was even able to just make it 3-3 after being down 0-3, and that was 2003 I think?

The Blazers came back from 0-3 to even the series with the Mavs at 3-3, but ended up still losing.

Who else has come back from 0-3 to even the series?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Off the top of my head, I can only recall one single instance where a team was even able to just make it 3-3 after being down 0-3, and that was 2003 I think?

The Blazers came back from 0-3 to even the series with the Mavs at 3-3, but ended up still losing.

Who else has come back from 0-3 to even the series?
IDK.

ESPN flashed a stat showing that 7 teams have come back to force a game 7 but none of them ended up winning the series.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
IDK.

ESPN flashed a stat showing that 7 teams have come back to force a game 7 but none of them ended up winning the series.
Correct.

I just don't recall anyone other than the example I gave coming back to evening the series......at least not in my lifetime of watching basketball.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Boston was always the better team, it's just been a matter of getting their heads out of their asses and sacking up. The Heat have been holding on by a thread in terms of a lack of depth and Vincent going out may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think game 6 is roughly 50/50 but if Vincent were 100% I'd probably make Miami a pretty solid favorite.

Boston is flakey as hell and over reliant on the 3 but at some point Miami's lack of talent has to catch up with them, they basically can't handle a single injury or any of their top 6 being less than 100% at this point.

Denver on the other hand...

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Correct.

I just don't recall anyone other than the example I gave coming back to evening the series......at least not in my lifetime of watching basketball.
I knew it was all going to come together when Jeter and ARod were in the crowd for game 4. Give me that BoSox 0-3 deficit to the Yankees comeback that ends in the WS energy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I knew it was all going to come together when Jeter and ARod were in the crowd for game 4. Give me that BoSox 0-3 deficit to the Yankees comeback that ends in the WS energy.
What a beautiful moment in time that was.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What a fucking game that was.

But damn...Boston just loves that 3 too much.

Have they hadn't kept insisting on shooting so many 3's, especially in transition, I don't think that game is that close in the end.

They anoche in the floor into they Star going to the basked and looking for practice other than the 3-pointer.

I think @Prodigal_Son is right and they're gonna actually fucking pull this off.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just saw the last second put back. Holy shit that was close.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just saw the last second put back. Holy shit that was close.
The Celtics got incredibly lucky.

I watched last night's game and they are frustrating as hell. They should have coasted to another easy win but they have too many stretches of idiotic play. It has to be maddening as a Celtics fan watching them.

They're a veteran team that plays like a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players. Lucky for them their talent advantage is bailing them out.

I'm taking Denver in 6 over them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, Jayson Tatum disappears too often for my liking. These games are too big for your best player to be completely invisible for half the game.

He dropped 31 points last night but 25 of those were in the 1st half. Only 6 points in the 2nd half with his team's season on the line.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I watched last night's game and they are frustrating as hell. They should have coasted to another easy win but they have too many stretches of idiotic play. It has to be maddening as a Celtics fan watching them.
Yup.

That's exactly what I was saying last night too.

I especially hated how they were playing in transition.

Top Bottom