NBA Chatter Thread

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Sixers have canned Doc Rivers.
It seems like a popular move, but I’m not sure where they go from here that’s better than Doc. Maybe Nick Nurse but the Raptors were quick to dump him for some reason.

Idk, blaming Doc when he has “Game 7 James Harden” and a league MVP that got easily shut down doesn’t exactly seems fair.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It seems like a popular move, but I’m not sure where they go from here that’s better than Doc. Maybe Nick Nurse but the Raptors were quick to dump him for some reason.

Idk, blaming Doc when he has “Game 7 James Harden” and a league MVP that got easily shut down doesn’t exactly seems fair.

It's most definitely fair.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm in agreement with what Stephen A Smith said. It would be completely asinine for the Sixers to make coaching and roster decisions based on Harden's input rather deferring to who/what Embiid prefers. This is Embiid's team.

Harden is a career choke artist. Why would you make such a drastic change just to appease an aging star?

Daryl Morey would be a complete ass clown if he went to that route.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Spurs won the draft lottery and will get the #1 pick, which will presumably be used on Wembanyama.

If Wemby pans out, they will have gun almost 3 straight decades with a dominant big man anchoring their roster. Incredible luck.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm in agreement with what Stephen A Smith said. It would be completely asinine for the Sixers to make coaching and roster decisions based on Harden's input rather deferring to who/what Embiid prefers. This is Embiid's team.

Harden is a career choke artist. Why would you make such a drastic change just to appease an aging star?

I would guess that Embiid and Harden are on the same page though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Spurs won the draft lottery and will get the #1 pick, which will presumably be used on Wembanyama.

If Wemby pans out, they will have gun almost 3 straight decades with a dominant big man anchoring their roster. Incredible luck.
The lottery is clearly fixed, not every year, but when there's a generational type prospect involved you better believe it is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Daryl Morey is the reason why James Harden did whatever he want to in Houston.

Did you ever read the stories about him taking his own private plane to and from games and things like that?

Hell, not even MJ got the kind of pampered treatment that Harden did while in Houston.

Apparently, for some strange reason, Daryl Morey worships the ground James Harden walks on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I miss the old days when they used to pull the ping pong balls and envelops from the tumbler live on air.
You're old. ~Butthead voice~

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
The lottery is clearly fixed, not every year, but when there's a generational type prospect involved you better believe it is.
I agree, but why fix it for the Spurs? They aren't some massive market, Wemby isn't some hometown hero like Lebron was to Cleveland and they aren't too far removed from their glory years. I would have rather seen him end up in Charlotte and see what Lamelo could do with him.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
It's most definitely fair.

I'm just curious how much of that is Doc not having a system and how much if it is having Harden and Embiid and not wanting to catch blame if the offense doesn't flow through them at all times. Harden specifically isn't the type of guy who is running plays. He wants iso or pick and roll every time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did you ever read the stories about him taking his own private plane to and from games and things like that?
No I never heard those stories. But it doesn't surprise me.

Frankly, it's shocking that Houston would even entertain bringing him back. He quit on the Rockets, showed up out of shape, and pouted to force his way out of Houston.. No way in hell would I welcome someone back after they've done that to my organization.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Frankly, it's shocking that Houston would even entertain bringing him back. He quit on the Rockets, showed up out of shape, and pouted to force his way out of Houston.. No way in hell would I welcome someone back after they've done that to my organization.
He will probably want to go to San Antonio now

1bigfan13

Staff member
I agree, but why fix it for the Spurs? They aren't some massive market, Wemby isn't some hometown hero like Lebron was to Cleveland and they aren't too far removed from their glory years. I would have rather seen him end up in Charlotte and see what Lamelo could do with him.
I wanted Charlotte to win the lottery as well for selfish reasons. I'm only a couple of hours from Charlotte and was hoping to be able to watch him in person a few times per year.

That Melo-Wemby combo could have been fun and special.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He will probably want to go to San Antonio now
Doubt it. The San Antonio night life and club scene are too weak for Harden.

And no I'm not being funny. Stuff like that really matters to him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

The only thing I can come up with as to why they'd want him back is because they've been absolutely terrible since he left and this would be a way to bring some attendance back.

But how long would it take for that to wear off? A month or two?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Lottery needs to go.

The whole idea was to stop teams from tanking and they do it anyway.

Let the worst team get the best pick like it should be.

Top Bottom