NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets fans are wondering where the hell was this version of Harden all those years he would disappear at crunch time in the playoffs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And like clockwork, Chris Paul gets injured when he's needed most.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Mike Budenholzer was fired by the Bucks.

It was time. Losing to the shorthanded Heat was an embarrassment.

1bigfan13

Staff member
To be fair, they didn't have Giannis for a couple games.
I know. But they also had a couple of underwhelming performances once Giannis returned to the lineup. In the elimination game they were up 14 in the 4th qtr at home, and still lost the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

If anything Ishbia should be suspended. You can't just hold the ball hostage you piece of shit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I must be taking crazy pills but everyone seems to be defending jokic and I think he acted like a dipshit and rightly was given a foul for it.

Ishbia wasn't intentionally holding onto the ball, he had the ball in his hands as he was helping the suns player up from the guy next to him.

Jokic thought he would take advantage of the situation by quickly inbounding while a suns player was incapacitated by ripping the ball from Ishbia's hands, which is unreasonable.

When Ishbia rightly bristled at Jokic trying to rip the ball from him like a toddler, Jokic gave him a forearm, which should never ever ever be okay for an athlete to do to a spectator who is posing no physical threat to him.

Jokic is a whiny, hotheaded jackass who should have deferred to the referees in that situation instead of thinking he has a right to rip a ball from another man's hands and then forearming him when he doesn't get his way.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jokic is a whiny, hotheaded jackass
I agree with this, but he definitely was trying to keep Jocik from getting the ball. He jerked the ball away and that's why the ball went flying backwards. Ishbia is just at fault as much as Jocik.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Feels like this is the last run for this version of the Celtics. If the Sixers finish them off, I assume there will be massive roaster changes next offseason.

Jaylen Brown's return next season sounds like it's a 50/50 toss up at this point. Tatum is a really good player but he's clearly not on the level of guys like Giannis, Embiid, & Steph. If I had to choose between one or the other, I might take Brown. He has a bit more mental toughness than Tatum, IMO. I'm probably in the minority there but I just don't think Tatum's that uber-elite player that people want him to be.

Overall I just don't like their playing style. For the athletic wings & ball handlers they have, they're way too reliant on the 3 point shot. They've made the Sixers job easier on defense. They should be attacking from all over the floor instead of hunting 3s all night.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't really tried to improve that roster.

It reminds me of the Steve Nash suns. Not in how they play, but the way that they win a bunch of games and get the #1 seed repeatedly and yet you look at them and just know that they're never going to be the best team in basketball at the end.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Feels like this is the last run for this version of the Celtics. If the Sixers finish them off, I assume there will be massive roaster changes next offseason.

Jaylen Brown's return next season sounds like it's a 50/50 toss up at this point. Tatum is a really good player but he's clearly not on the level of guys like Giannis, Embiid, & Steph. If I had to choose between one or the other, I might take Brown. He has a bit more mental toughness than Tatum, IMO. I'm probably in the minority there but I just don't think Tatum's that uber-elite player that people want him to be.

Overall I just don't like their playing style. For the athletic wings & ball handlers they have, they're way too reliant on the 3 point shot. They've made the Sixers job easier on defense. They should be attacking from all over the floor instead of hunting 3s all night.
It won't be the last run. They have everyone under contract another season and I'm pretty confident Jaylen will sign his extension. They had a great regular season and dominated round 1 when they needed to. Then this round happened and they reverted back to old behaviors. They f'd around game 1 cause they thought it would be given to them with Embiid out and they blew it. Same thing happened last round when they had a closeout game with Murray suspended. Game 4 was similar in that they played stupid the majority of the game and still almost pulled it out. Last game was an aberration and the worst game they played all season.

The problem right now is, Horford is providing nothing, White is providing very little (especially compared to round 1) and Rob still isn't healthy enough to be the dominant defensive force he was last season. If they play smart and don't turn the ball over, they'll win the next 2 games. Shooting a ton of 3's is their style and with the players they have, it fits them. I wish Tatum would use the midrange a little more like he did his first few seasons. He's gotten so good at his step back 3 that he relies on it too much. JB is great except his ball handling still leaves a lot to be desired.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't really tried to improve that roster.
I don't think that's true. They brought in Brogdon who has starting PG skills and made him their 6th man and winning 6MOY award. He provided the scoring spark off the bench they needed last year. Then they brought in Muscala who was meant to be C depth. When you have a core like theirs, where else do you try to improve?

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wonder what time they'll be announcing Doc Rivers' firing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tatum is a really good player but he's clearly not on the level of guys like Giannis, Embiid, & Steph. If I had to choose between one or the other, I might take Brown.
I wouldn't have disagreed with you, but Tatum made a hell of a case for himself last night.

Could be a turning point for him.

Top Bottom