NBA Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Role players. Sure they need to show up, but the star needs to dominate. Had Boston not pulled it out last night, Tatum's shooting was clearly going to be the reason, despite the injuries.

Embiid should be going for 40+ against Kornet.

Embiid has put up 40 probably more than anyone else in the league. I'm not going to put his feet to the fire for not doing it literally nightly. That's an absurd ask. The rest of the roster needs to step up.

And no, Maxey is not a role player. He's a 20 ppg scorer who put up 6 last night. Harris is a 16 ppg scorer who put up 4.

And for years the sixers have had trouble backing up Embiid. He can't play 48 minutes. A few nights ago against NY Harrell was like a -15 in about 5 minutes. That's insane. Dude is a turnstile.

The sixers are a top 3 team in the east largely because of Embiid and harden. But the depth will be what holds them back. The wing defense needs to be much better, they need find a backup for Embiid, and they need Maxey to step up and give teams another scorer to have to guard.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Former Texas Tech player put on a show in the dunk contest last night...

Genghis Khan

And as soon as I post what a great game the Sixers Grizzlies was, the Kings and Clippers chime in with a 176 - 175 double OT game.

With Malik Friggin Monk throwing in 45 from the bench, more points than his last 5 games combined.

Crazy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I'm not into the NBA anymore, but last night I'm on the road and turned on the Thunder/Suns game. What do I see but the Suns wearing uniforms of the exact blue of the Thunder colors and the Thunder wearing some kind of black/red uniforms of the exact color as the special native American (I assume) logo the Suns have at midcourt.

Can we admit that even Fonzie midair on water skis is completely embarrassed at the NBA uniform situation?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So I'm not into the NBA anymore, but last night I'm on the road and turned on the Thunder/Suns game. What do I see but the Suns wearing uniforms of the exact blue of the Thunder colors and the Thunder wearing some kind of black/red uniforms of the exact color as the special native American (I assume) logo the Suns have at midcourt.

Can we admit that even Fonzie midair on water skis is completely embarrassed at the NBA uniform situation?

Genghis Khan

The NBA has some weird alternate uniforms, and they seem to use them more than other sports. I don't love it for the most part.

By the way, that's dangerous, you should probably keep your eyes on the road.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another crazy energetic finish in Philadelphia.

Tatum drills the go ahead 3 pointer with 1.3 seconds.

Philly has no timeouts so they quickly inbound and Embiid heaves the ball about 75 feet and swishes it. But he didn't get the shot off in time so the basket didn't count.

Incredible finish.

Genghis Khan

Embiid was fantastic last night. Boston was the better team. Again.

True Embiid was fantastic.

Boston is probably the better team (and definitely has better coaching).

But not last night. The Sixers led much of the game and were up by as much as 15. Boston led by as much as 10 or 11 after that. It was tied until a few seconds left and Boston won on essentially a buzzer beater.

Obviously someone has to win but the game was basically a draw.

Genghis Khan

It's a shame but I think the best 3 teams are all in the East (Boston, Milwaukee and Philly). One of them won't even make it to the conference finals (probably the Sixers honestly). But I think all 3 would win the West outright.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's a shame but I think the best 3 teams are all in the East (Boston, Milwaukee and Philly). One of them won't even make it to the conference finals (probably the Sixers honestly). But I think all 3 would win the West outright.
I agree for the most part.

But if Durant can stay healthy, I think Phoenix will be just as good as the top teams in the East.

Genghis Khan

I agree for the most part.

But if Durant can stay healthy, I think Phoenix will be just as good as the top teams in the East.

Forgot about Durant being there now. I kind of agree it could go either way. It's definitely intriguing but he hasn't been able to stay healthy the past couple years so we'll see.

Top Bottom