NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Billy Donovan has been hired as the Chicago Bulls head coach.

He can thank CP3 for getting him this job.

Maybe he'll surprise me, but I rarely thought after watching a Thunder game, "Wow, Donovan coached a hell of a game. He was a step ahead of <<Coach X>> all night."

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
hope it works, I have a friend who has been sent to rehab like 5 times now by family and friends and all he does is relapse and cause his family pain, grief and money.

Until someone has the will to change, I dont believe anyone can do it for them

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Billy Donovan has been hired as the Chicago Bulls head coach.

He can thank CP3 for getting him this job.

Maybe he'll surprise me, but I rarely thought after watching a Thunder game, "Wow, Donovan coached a hell of a game. He was a step ahead of <<Coach X>> all night."
The Bulls just need a baseline of decent coaching/professionalism/player development to get them to a point where they're competitive and then build from there.

Donovan can do that and then we'll see where it goes from there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Aside from the drugs, Delonte West is also bipolar. So he's go two things he has to grapple with.

The guy was a solid NBA role player who should have had a 15 year career. Instead he was out of the league after about 7 years and his life went down the drain almost immediately after that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jordan obviously, please. The only argument LeBron has is longevity and having a more well-rounded game.

He was never as dominant or as great a winner as Jordan.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
James is a very good player, but massively overrated, imo. There are numerous players I’d rather build a team around than LeBron. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Olajuwon, Shaq... just off the top of my head. And that’s just the modern players. If we go back further there is Wilt, Russell, etc...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Still not the GOAT.

Sorry Bron fanboys.

He could win two more championships, it won't matter. He's 17 years into his career, the important parts of the narrative can't change at this point: that being, he's a whiner, he's never been clutch in the remotest sense of the word when compared to others in the discussion like Jordan, Kobe, Bird, etc, he fled every situation whenever it got hard for greener pastures, and he always made sure to do it while tampering to lure in talent to help him. He's also a divider, off the court, instead of someone who unifies us.

He's perhaps the most versatile player in NBA history but he isn't now and never will be the best. He hasn't even been the best player on his own team often enough.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
All it comes down to for me is this, Jordan won 6 in 8 years (for all intents and purposes 6 in 6 years really) and personally denied a whole generation of HOF players from winning a title (Ewing, Stockton, Malone, Miller, Payton, Kemp, Barkley, etc.).

It's taken LeBron almost 20 years to win 4 and he needed to manipulate his surroundings for an entire decade to give himself the best possible chances of winning just to get there.

I get that some people want to argue the longevity angle or the fact that LeBron is more well-rounded as a passer/rebounder, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that Jordan's dominance during that stretch was unprecedented.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I look forward to the day His Wokeness finally fades away and isn’t around the game to keep stirring the political shitpot every time he turns around. Maybe the NBA will be watchable again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I look forward to the day His Wokeness finally fades away and isn’t around the game to keep stirring the political shitpot every time he turns around. Maybe the NBA will be watchable again.
Agree, the NBA is almost unwatchable for me right now. Maybe with a changing of the guard that would change for me. I just can't get excited about Lebron's new super team every year and all these older players jumping from one team to another to try and form a new super team.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
All it comes down to for me is this, Jordan won 6 in 8 years (for all intents and purposes 6 in 6 years really) and personally denied a whole generation of HOF players from winning a title (Ewing, Stockton, Malone, Miller, Payton, Kemp, Barkley, etc.).

It's taken LeBron almost 20 years to win 4 and he needed to manipulate his surroundings for an entire decade to give himself the best possible chances of winning just to get there.

I get that some people want to argue the longevity angle or the fact that LeBron is more well-rounded as a passer/rebounder, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that Jordan's dominance during that stretch was unprecedented.
Seems like Jordons will to win drawfs Lebrons too

1bigfan13

Staff member
Truth be told, Kareem Abdul Jabbar actually deserves to be in the GOAT discussion. His complete resume is more impressive than Jordan and Lebron's.

I guess since he was a center and wasn't a human highlight reel, people dismiss him from the conversation. But if you put all three of their basketball resumes side by side, I think Kareem edges the other 2 out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Agree, the NBA is almost unwatchable for me right now. Maybe with a changing of the guard that would change for me. I just can't get excited about Lebron's new super team every year and all these older players jumping from one team to another to try and form a new super team.
The league was actually a lot more balanced this year. No one had a 3 or 4 headed monster like we've regularly seen going back to the 2007 Celtics. All the top teams only had 2 superstars which is the way it mostly was back in the 90s and early 2000s.

Back in the 80s there wasn't a ton of player movement so a lot of the top squads had multiple 3 or more HOFers. Plus there were only 23 teams until 1988 so teams were deeper as well. There are 30 teams in the NBA now.

Top Bottom