NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One more thing on Luka.

It'll be interesting to see if ESPN and the rest of sports media will finally get back on the Luka bandwagon. All season long the NBA and media did everything in their power to push the narrative that Zion is the future face of the NBA. Meanwhile Luka has been the much better player and is actually playing heavy minutes night in and night out. Whereas Zion always seems to be in and out of the lineup with conditioning & injury issues.

Luka > Zion and it's not even close right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I worked yesterday so I only caught the 4th qtr and OT.

I love his mentality. He's one of those players who' not afraid of taking the big shot. They said that was actually his first career GW shot with under a minute to play. I was kinda surprised to hear that.

He's still a bit of a chucker from three point range....I think he needs to dial down his number of attempts given his poor 3PT shooting percentage. That and FT shooting are his only real weaknesses on offense.

Still only 21 and nowhere close to reaching his prime years. I just hope the Mavs are able to put a better team around him going forward.
Yeah, he a phenom, but he can be frustrating at times when he steps up 8 feet beyond the 3 point line and just heaves it. It's really my only complaint about him, except for occasionally being a little sloppy with the ball.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Brett Brown fired by the 76ers. Something had to happen there. That team has had too much talent the last few years to be underachieving like they have.

Charles Barkley thinks the next coach should be Maurice Cheeks. What do you think of that, @Genghis Khan ? I loved Mo Cheeks as a player, but have no idea how he'd do as a coach.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Brett Brown fired by the 76ers. Something had to happen there. That team has had too much talent the last few years to be underachieving like they have.

Charles Barkley thinks the next coach should be Maurice Cheeks. What do you think of that, @Genghis Khan ? I loved Mo Cheeks as a player, but have no idea how he'd do as a coach.

The problem imo isn't coaching it's roster construction. Horford is a strange fit and there aren't enough pure shooters. They also didn't have Simmons in the playoffs so I'm not sure it's fair to blame coaching for that. Last year they were on the cusp of a conference finals appearance and probably have Toronto their toughest test.

The biggest issue has been that they have massively failed in the front office since getting rid of Hinke.

As for Cheeks, I loved him as a player. His coaching career has been overall pretty mediocre though and of course the Sixers have already been down that road. I like him a lot personally but I don't think he's a difference maker as a coach. If they can reshape the roster to make sense he could work but if they don't he'll fail. That's true of a lot of coaches but I do think there are some coaches that can make a difference on their own and I'd rather one of those but obviously they don't grow on trees.

If it were up to me I'd go in a different direction.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Raptors and Celtics saying they might boycott.

Go the fuck ahead. Finish off your piece of shit league.

The NHL is ready and waiting to take more fans.

The NBA's product sucks right now anyway. Aside from Doncic, it fucking sucks. There is nothing good coming out of the NBA. LeBron is a tired, broken down, phony ass social justice warrior wannabe. The Warriors are broken down. The Sixers are dysfunctional. The Rockets and the Celtics are boring. The Clippers with Kawhi feel like last year's story.

The NHL is up and coming and exciting. Don't want to play? Fine. Move the fuck over.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
More and more people every day are leaving the NBA.

Go ahead and "boycott". See how many that brings back.

With all the F'n SJW's lead by lebron, to the league sucking China's dick, to bending over and taking it up the ass from BLM, etc...

Fuck 'em. Things will have to drastically change before I show any interest in following them any more.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Most people who say they'll never watch X again usually end up watching X again. :lol

Just curious. Are we done with MLS, MLB, and the other sports and athletes who boycotted too? Or is it just the NBA?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Most people who say they'll never watch X again usually end up watching X again. :lol

Just curious. Are we done with MLS, MLB, and the other sports and athletes who boycotted too? Or is it just the NBA?
I boycott this post.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Speaking only for myself, I didn’t say I would never watch the NBA again. And explained my feelings on the NFL and MLB, too.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I never watch MLS or MLB anyway.

Top Bottom