NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 4 years despite everything with Rose and are one of the most, if not the most attractive free agent destinations according to most NBA people, but I'm a homer because I think a healthy Bulls team can beat pretty much anybody or that the Bulls are the best spot for Melo.

No, I'm basically just expressing a very widely held opinion, most of you just don't like it because you think I'm arrogant and don't really give much of fuck, and that's not really my problem.

I call it like I see it, if this were 2005 I wouldn't be sitting here saying Hinrich, Gordon and Deng can win a title.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They say that, but Philly was under the cap floor and got nothing done to them. There were better ways to spend money.
If you have to pay for something, you might as well pay for a big man.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Bulls have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 4 years despite everything with Rose and are one of the most, if not the most attractive free agent destinations according to most NBA people, but I'm a homer because I think a healthy Bulls team can beat pretty much anybody or that the Bulls are the best spot for Melo.

No, I'm basically just expressing a very widely held opinion, most of you just don't like it because you think I'm arrogant and don't really give much of fuck, and that's not really my problem.

I call it like I see it, if this were 2005 I wouldn't be sitting here saying Hinrich, Gordon and Deng can win a title.
You have been saying this for 4 years yet nobody signs there.

Simp you are an insufferable Bulls Homer nobody cares that your arrogant its the fact that you are always projecting the Bulls in the best light possible.

You never address the fact of assets you will lose or that Rose might never be the player he was and nobody should be talking about championships if you have to keep saying if healthy.

Unless you are a Homer.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Simp you are an insufferable Bulls Homer nobody cares that your arrogant its the fact that you are always projecting the Bulls in the best light possible.

You never address the fact of assets you will lose or that Rose might never be the player he was and nobody should be talking about championships if you have to keep saying if healthy.

Unless you are a Homer.
I said long ago that I don't even factor in the possibility of Rose being done in my logic with regard to team building because if that is indeed the case then there is no point to anything the Bulls do over the next few years if the ultimate goal is a title. I have also said that I realize that this is a distinct possibility but since I like to put myself in the mindset of the team's decision makers, I basically have to ignore it.

And even with that chance I still say the Bulls are the best spot for Melo, as do several high profile NBA media guys.

It's pretty obvious that if Rose is done there is no chance that the Bulls can compete for a title so what is the point in even talking about that?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No one ever signs with the Bulls? That is not true. We missed out on Lebron/Bosh/Wade as they all planned to play together, and now it seems likely we will miss out on Melo as well, but they signed Boozer in 2010 who was highly regarded as a FA and many teams were after him.

Chicago is no NY or LA as a free agent destination, unfortunately, but most teams in the league would love to have their pull.

It's hard to land a top 10 player. Everyone wants them and everyone moves heaven and earth to get them (including the players themselves as we saw re: Lebron Wade and Bosh in 2010). Missing on Melo doesn't mean the Bulls can't attract talent. If anything, the Bulls have too conservative a front office and don't get creative enough in the trade market to pull the trigger when big names are available.

PS If the Bulls land Melo they will be the favorites in the East.

Carl

RIP Brother
No one ever signs with the Bulls? That is not true. We missed out on Lebron/Bosh/Wade as they all planned to play together, and now it seems likely we will miss out on Melo as well, but they signed Boozer in 2010 who was highly regarded as a FA and many teams were after him.

Chicago is no NY or LA as a free agent destination, unfortunately, but most teams in the league would love to have their pull.

It's hard to land a top 10 player. Everyone wants them and everyone moves heaven and earth to get them (including the players themselves as we saw re: Lebron Wade and Bosh in 2010). Missing on Melo doesn't mean the Bulls can't attract talent. If anything, the Bulls have too conservative a front office and don't get creative enough in the trade market to pull the trigger when big names are available.

Boozer is one of the most oleaginous persons in NBA History.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
A couple things. I've seen it mentioned more than once how a team that picked first in the lottery be the favorites in the East just by landing Lebron. Do people forget that the Cavs had like a 2% chance to win the lottery and did? They weren't historically bad like a few teams this year. They won 30something games this year. They weren't good, but not god awful. Lebron makes them a much better team obviously.

Another thing. I know Melo won a championship at Syracuse, but what has he done in the NBA as far as his teams? Does he make teams championship worthy? He left Denver and they got better with the players the Knicks sent them. I think it would be interesting in the East if Melo went to Bulls and Lebron to Cavs.

D

Deuce

Giving $75M to an undersized PF at the tail end of his prime doesn't make you a desireable FA destination, it makes you poorly managed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Serious question for the basketball fans; why would LeBron not consider Dallas. They have a rim protector, a legit scorer at the 4; can resign Carter and Marion; Dirk has taken a discount; they have a great owner and a good coach. Put LeBron on the Mavs and aren't they favorites? What am I missing?
As a Mavs fan, I'll take a stab at this one.

I think what keeps Lebron, and other marquee free agents away from Mavs right now, is how they see the future. There is no potential star on the team or group of young players that Lebron, or Melo, or even Deron Williams (glad we didn't sign him!) can grow with.

So if you're the Mavs, you're biggest selling point is that you have an owner who is always going to try and put guys around you to help you win. Cuban is not going to just settle and leave you without help. But is that enough to entice someone like Lebron to sign now with our current roster?

Probably not.

It's funny because we're kinda like the Rockets were prior to the Harden trade - a team who keeps trying to bring in the stars but keeps missing out because there is not another star or potential star already on the team. That's why the Rockets had to trade for Harden and give him big money because it was the only way they were going to acquire a star, and that acquisition then made them a much more attractive destination for Dwight Howard.

We too need to find a way to bring in a star if we're going to convince other marquee names to join.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh, and how good would we be with Lebron?

I'm guessing we'd go from 8th seed to top 4 seed in the West and we'd give everyone hell......but would it be enough to win a title?

I would say no.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and how good would we be with Lebron?

I'm guessing we'd go from 8th seed to top 4 seed in the West and we'd give everyone hell......but would it be enough to win a title?

I would say no.
Didn't you all go toe to toe with the Spurs this year?

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think he's going back to Cleveland.

I think he feels like he has unfinished business there, and unlike his first stint, he's going to have some real talent to help him the next time around.
Ace-stradamus has spoken - 7/11/2013

It's gonna happen. :art

Jiggyfly

Banned

When Boozer was signed I said that it was a bad deal and even Simp said he would not make the end of the deal.

A lot of people wrote at the time that it was desperation move nobody hailed it as great free agent pickup.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Didn't you all go toe to toe with the Spurs this year?
If only the Rockets had made it past Portland. We won against the Spurs all year long and would have liked to have seen if it would have been any different.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When Boozer was signed I said that it was a bad deal and even Simp said he would not make the end of the deal.

A lot of people wrote at the time that it was desperation move nobody hailed it as great free agent pickup.
Just like I said, I call it like I see it, I was never particularly enthused about Boozer.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Noel looked great the other day.
His second game is tonight at 7pm on NBA TV. He sat out the Sixers second game in Orlando. I guess they don't want him going back to back this early.

Top Bottom