NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
That was basically in response to Deuce saying they had a couple decent pieces.

Yea, they have some guys who put up some decent stats but there is a reason this team can't even get to .500 in a pathetic conference.

That team will not win a title if they just add LeBron, and I'm pretty damn sure they won't even get past the Bulls or perhaps even a team like the Pacers or Wizards. They will have to add another legitimate piece to that team to become favorites to get out of the East.
With Irving and Lebron they are the best team in the east, IMO. A starting 5 of Irving, Wiggins, Waiters, James, and Varajao would be the best starting 5 in the east...substitute Thompson and get Waiters back to being a 6th man like he was in college...even better. Then you still have guys like Zeller, Harris, Jack...either Jack or Bennett...that could be a really good team.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rockets willing to go 4/96 for Bosh. :puke

D

Deuce

Josh McRoberts agrees to 4-yr/$23M deal with Heat. Good signing for them, though it takes up the entire MLE. If they are lucky enough to get the Big 3 to come back, literally every other player on the team will be at the league minimum other than Cole who is already signed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rockets willing to go 4/96 for Bosh. :puke
I think he'll be an excellent fit in Houston, but that's way too much money for that guy.

To be fair, offering him a max deal is probably the only way anyone could convince him to leave Miami before Lebron makes up his mind.

Bosh is a very good player who won't have have the same issues playing down low as he did in Miami because he doesn't have to do that in Houston with Dwight there already. He would give them excellent spacing and he could knock down the 18-20 foot jumper all game long for the Rockets.

I wouldn't give him anything close to 96 million, but I do think he'll fit like a glove on that team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Houston's natural landing spot for Bosh: Can play PF next to Dwight Howard, make $20M-plus and return to home state w/ a title contender.

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Check that...it's 4 years 88 million, but still.....too much.

Word is that Bosh had a talk with Lebron over the weekend, and apparently it must not have been too convincing because he is said to be strongly considering Houston's offer after said conversation.

You would have to think that Miami would then make a move for Melo, no?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Houston's natural landing spot for Bosh: Can play PF next to Dwight Howard, make $20M-plus and return to home state w/ a title contender.

:towel
It makes total sense both for him and the Rockets to take the deal.

Again, I'd rather give him something in the 50-60 million dollar range, but this isn't fantasy life. In all sports, you have to shell out the cash for these guys, and it almost always means more than that what they are truly worth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
David Weiner @BimaThug
Follow
Reported McRoberts deal is BAD sign for Rockets. If MIA uses full MLE, they're likely not going to use cap room. Could indicate Bosh return.

:sad

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Who's going to take him? His contract is pretty bad.
The Sixers will gladly take him. He only has one year left and they'll have to give us some more assets to take the contract off their hands.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
If that plays out and the 3 in Miami break up the Bulls are winning the East without Carmelo as long as Rose stays healthy so it'd be whatever.
Ha, you want Melo bad and have been talking about it for months. It wouldn't be whatever. And who cares if you win the East? Is that the goal now?

And for the record I'll take Lebron, Wiggins, Kyrie, and whomever they piece together over the Bulls in the East.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wow...Magic give Channing Frye 4 years 32 mil. He had a nice year, but damn. This deal along with the Ben Gordon deal is just crazy to me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Spurs signed Bryce Cotton as an undrafted player...he was excellent at Providence and seems like their kind of player.

D

Deuce

Wow...Magic give Channing Frye 4 years 32 mil. He had a nice year, but damn. This deal along with the Ben Gordon deal is just crazy to me.
The Gordon deal is essentially a one year deal for a past scorer trying to hit lightning in a bottle. Plus, they have to get to the minimum salary cap number.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Gordon deal is essentially a one year deal for a past scorer trying to hit lightning in a bottle. Plus, they have to get to the minimum salary cap number.
They say that, but Philly was under the cap floor and got nothing done to them. There were better ways to spend money.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ha, you want Melo bad and have been talking about it for months. It wouldn't be whatever. And who cares if you win the East? Is that the goal now?

And for the record I'll take Lebron, Wiggins, Kyrie, and whomever they piece together over the Bulls in the East.
He'd be a great fit so it'd suck not to get him but if he goes back to the Knicks or goes to the Lakers I question how much he really wants to win in the first place. And this was assuming Miami stayed together, if LeBron goes to Cleveland and the rest of these guys scatter to where ever, I think the Bulls take the East if healthy and who knows how they'd match up against the Spurs or Thunder.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Check that...it's 4 years 88 million, but still.....too much.

Word is that Bosh had a talk with Lebron over the weekend, and apparently it must not have been too convincing because he is said to be strongly considering Houston's offer after said conversation.

You would have to think that Miami would then make a move for Melo, no?
Don't think they have the money after signing Granger and McRoberts.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If Melo joins the Bulls, it doesn't matter where Lebron goes in the East. Bulls will be the favorites. Kyrie-Lebron-Wiggins is not even as good as Miami was last year (Kyrie is getting overrated -- he ran a team that ended up with the #1 pick last year), and a Melo-led Bulls team has everything that the 2013 Bulls were missing even if Rose doesn't return to superstardom. They would give Miami fits, and they'd beat that Cleveland arrangement too.

That being said I doubt Melo is going to Chicago. He probably ends up back in NY with Gasol and the Knicks grab the 8 seed for the next couple seasons.

Bulls will most likely grab Mirotic and a couple solid role players who can start. Maybe Stephenson, maybe Shawn Marion, maybe they make a run at Gasol, maybe Ramon Sessions becomes the latest backup guard to flourish there. They will be a deep team, if Rose is healthy they will win the Central without much challenge from Indiana, they will win 55 games, and they very well could beat wherever Lebron ends up because they will have some pretty sick depth and shooters off the bench.

Last edited:

Carl

RIP Brother
If Melo joins the Bulls, it doesn't matter where Lebron goes in the East. Bulls will be the favorites. Kyrie-Lebron-Wiggins is not even as good as Miami was last year (Kyrie is getting overrated -- he ran a team that ended up with the #1 pick last year), and a Melo-led Bulls team has everything that the 2013 Bulls were missing even if Rose doesn't return to superstardom. They would give Miami fits, and they'd beat that Cleveland arrangement too.

That being said I doubt Melo is going to Chicago. He probably ends up back in NY with Gasol and the Knicks grab the 8 seed for the next couple seasons.

Bulls will most likely grab Mirotic and a couple solid role players who can start. Maybe Stephenson, maybe Shawn Marion, maybe they make a run at Gasol, maybe Ramon Sessions becomes the latest backup guard to flourish there. They will be a deep team, if Rose is healthy they will win the Central without much challenge from Indiana, they will win 55 games, and they very well could beat wherever Lebron ends up because they will have some pretty sick depth and shooters off the bench.
How come you are a complete Bulls homer, but not the Cowboys? Is it because you don't know much about basketball?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Does Bill Simmons not know much about basketball? How about Brian Windhorst? How about the rest of the journalists that say Melo makes Chicago the hands down favorite in the East?

The Bulls are an elite defensive team. Putting Rose back into the mix along with the best pure scorer (or 2nd after KD) in the league makes them the favorite. This is already a team that gave Miami trouble. With the scoring injection, they are the definite favorite.

Cleveland doesn't scare anyone. Adding Lebron to an inferior cast to what he had last year doesn't mean they will run through the conference.... in fact I'd pick Indiana to beat them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom