MLB Chatter Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
But they won .. and helped my beloved Yanks, which is the only thing that matters.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck that shit hole in in Florida where the rays play. Miguel Sano hits a bomb that would have been a two run HR in the 8th inning of a tie game that hits a speaker hanging from the ceiling and bounces back into play and is caught. 3rd out.

At the very least that should be a ground rule double.
That's a dumb rule. In no way should that be an out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sorry guys. The World Series goes to Arlington for the next several years. Josh Jung is now a Ranger.

Cotton

Staff member
Sorry guys. The World Series goes to Arlington for the next several years. Josh Jung is now a Ranger.
RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Worst umpire in baseball. I don't know how this dude still has a job at any level of baseball, let alone in the Majors.

Cotton

Staff member

I am going to miss this man so damn much. #mancrush

Cotton

Staff member

He has cleared surgery and appears to be doing good.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
Tough stretch coming up for the Rangers. The only saving grace is that we have 7 games against Houston in there.

Cotton

Staff member
A player bunted to beat the shift last night and got a double. I don't understand why more teams don't do this to keep defenses honest. All you have to do is get it past the pitcher and you are guaranteed at least first base.

Rev

Staff member
A player bunted to beat the shift last night and got a double. I don't understand why more teams don't do this to keep defenses honest. All you have to do is get it past the pitcher and you are guaranteed at least first base.
That is a question asked every time teams put the shift on for Gallo. In his case you dont take the power out of his hands but not sure why its not done for others.

Cotton

Staff member
That is a question asked every time teams put the shift on for Gallo. In his case you dont take the power out of his hands but not sure why its not done for others.
You could completely disable the effectiveness of the shift if more teams started doing this. You get that ball far enough past the pitcher and you end up with doubles just like this. That would stop the shift quickly.

Rev

Staff member
You could completely disable the effectiveness of the shift if more teams started doing this. You get that ball far enough past the pitcher and you end up with doubles just like this. That would stop the shift quickly.
You would think and Im sure the managers have to be aware of that. Must be some other kind of analytics or possibly even player not being able to hit it that way effectively.

Cotton

Staff member
You would think and Im sure the managers have to be aware of that. Must be some other kind of analytics or possibly even player not being able to hit it that way effectively.
Well, obviously, there is the ability of the hitter to lay down a decent bunt, but they are professional baseball players. Surely most of them can lay down a bunt to an empty side of an infield and get it past the pitcher.

Cotton

Staff member

This is dumb.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Now Deuce can proudly fly his Canadian colors. Back in the day he used to rebuke his Canadian roots. No more!

Cotton

Staff member
Now Deuce can proudly fly his Canadian colors. Back in the day he used to rebuke his Canadian roots. No more!
:lol

I didn't even think about that. I now think this is a fantastic idea.

Cotton

Staff member
Tough stretch coming up for the Rangers. The only saving grace is that we have 7 games against Houston in there.
So far, we are hanging in there.

Top Bottom