MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rangers are projected to have 93.....losses tbis year. Going to be a fun one and a strange one as they head into the new stadium the following season with a crappy team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Manny got paid!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And the first games of spring training are in the books.

:fistpump

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Rangers should sign Harper. Just to piss everyone off like they did with Arod all those years ago.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Byron Buxton off to a hot start. 5-for-5, 10 RBI, 2 HR.

Looks like he's on pace for over 600 hits and around 200 HRs this year. Not bad...

:unsure

Rev

Staff member
Rangers should sign Harper. Just to piss everyone off like they did with Arod all those years ago.
I guess that's what the Padres did with Machado and no to Harper. Full rebuild and get it done as quick as possible. They are already predicting a top 10 farm system next year.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I guess that's what the Padres did with Machado and no to Harper. Full rebuild and get it done as quick as possible. They are already predicting a top 10 farm system next year.
They Rangers could do it. ONe mroe year in the Ballpark and then the new stadium opens with all the new money.. They should.

Rev

Staff member
Sorry Ghengis. Thats a scary contract

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
13 years with no opt out for Harper... yes, it's scary... for him. And, a terrible miss on his and his agents' part.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's a disgustingly obscene contract. For a really good player. Not an all timer great player.

Dude better hit .330 with 50 HRs and 150 RBI for that contract. Yikes.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
$25 million AAV contract is a bargain for Harper, and allows the Phillies to spend more without hitting the luxury tax. Both sides win.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Rev

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No trade and no opt out clauses are something I'd concede to a player like Trout who you know is going to be consistently great and a top 5 MVP candidate. No way would I have done that for Harper. Unlike Trout, Bryce has been consistently "good" but not consistently "great".

Harper's one of the better players in the game but he's a lot more flair than substance, IMO. Kinda like prime Melo in the NBA and Matt Stafford in the NFL. They put up eye popping numbers but they weren't players who I placed in the elite of the elite category.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well, opt outs only favor the player and hurt the team so I'm not sure why you wouldn't give him or any player no opt out. No trade clauses are pretty standard for star players so that's not an issue.

Harper is a former MVP and a top 10 or 15 player. Hell, he had a down year last year and still was 16th in OPS (by far the most important hitting stat imo). And playing 81 games at citizens bank park where his career numbers are very very good should help him even more.

This was a smart deal and Harper took a little bit of a per year discount.

Rev

Staff member
Well, opt outs only favor the player and hurt the team so I'm not sure why you wouldn't give him or any player no opt out. No trade clauses are pretty standard for star players so that's not an issue.

Harper is a former MVP and a top 10 or 15 player. Hell, he had a down year last year and still was 16th in OPS (by far the most important hitting stat imo). And playing 81 games at citizens bank park where his career numbers are very very good should help him even more.

This was a smart deal and Harper took a little bit of a per year discount.
Well if you are happy with it I guess thats ok. It may be that im too scarred over the ARod mess that these big contracts are scary to me.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Just dropped in to say how much I like the artist renderings of Minute Mai... er, Globe Life Park.

Rev

Staff member
Just dropped in to say how much I like the artist renderings of Minute Mai... er, Globe Life Park.
The improved version

Rev

Staff member
Trout resigns with Angels. 12/430.

Holy cow!!

Top Bottom