MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rays losing Charlie Montoya as well to the Blue Jays.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't follow baseball that much these days but I can't imagine being a LAD or Bosox fan and sitting through an 18 inning game. At least maybe they got their money's worth but those players are going to be gassed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't follow baseball that much these days but I can't imagine being a LAD or Bosox fan and sitting through an 18 inning game. At least maybe they got their money's worth but those players are going to be gassed.
Heck that’s enough for two games. Just look at the score at the end of 10 and at the end of 18. Viola! Two games. :art

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

:budd

Kbrown

Not So New Member
When I saw this on Twitter, I thought you had taken over the account. :lol

Props to them for being good-natured about it.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member

This hurts. Wanted to see him get 500 HRs and wanted to see him get a ring.

Guess we will have to wait and see his HoF ceremonies.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, shit. We all knew the day would come, but it still seems too soon. This is a shitty day.

Cotton

Staff member

:sad

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member

[MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION]

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd love it but Machado now is better than getting Trout 2 years from now.

Why not all 3? I think the Phillies are about to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sources confirmed to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand and Jon Paul Morosi on Thursday that the Twins have agreed to a one-year, $14 million contract with 38-year-old slugger Nelson Cruz, who will give Minnesota a needed upgrade at the designated hitter position. The deal reportedly includes a $12 million club option for 2020 with a $300,000 buyout.
-------------

Wut? The Twins spent some money?

:faint

Rev

Staff member
Sources confirmed to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand and Jon Paul Morosi on Thursday that the Twins have agreed to a one-year, $14 million contract with 38-year-old slugger Nelson Cruz, who will give Minnesota a needed upgrade at the designated hitter position. The deal reportedly includes a $12 million club option for 2020 with a $300,000 buyout.
-------------

Wut? The Twins spent some money?

:faint
Wondered if you saw that. Just dont let him play no doubles defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wondered if you saw that. Just dont let him play no doubles defense.
I would imagine he'd spend most of his time at DH. The Twins have been platooning about half their roster there the last few years.

Rev

Staff member
I'm surprised the Rangers spent what they did for Lance Lynn and that Lynn would want to pitch for this team. I'm guessing they are hoping to flip him at the break.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm surprised the Rangers spent what they did for Lance Lynn and that Lynn would want to pitch for this team. I'm guessing they are hoping to flip him at the break.
That's what the Twins did with him last year. Except they only signed him to a 1 yr deal, where I see you guys went for 3. Hopefully he'll work out better for you than he did for us. He stunk up the joint the first couple months, then started coming on a bit before they traded him to the Yankees. Got two guys for him. Luis Rijo, a 19 year old pitcher that looks to have some upside, and Tyler Austin, who should be starting for us at first base this year. Not bad for a guy that was only here for a few months, I guess.

Top Bottom