MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Max Kepler with the strong two-hopper to the cut off man.

junk

Not So New Member

This seems like the last contest we actually won. :sad
Odor should have been banned from baseball for that cheap shot. Or, at least, a 100 game suspension.

junk

Not So New Member
This is why I don't give much of a damn when haterz try to slam the Astros by claiming they tanked. It isn't like basketball where you can lose on purpose and make a few no-brainer No. 1 picks.
Kyle Tucker? Going to turn it around yet this year? I'm thinking adjustment at MLB level and then he'll be good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Odor should have been banned from baseball for that cheap shot. Or, at least, a 100 game suspension.
Cheap shot?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nolan Ryan and Ivan Rodriguez should both be banned from the HOF for this horrific tag team cheap shotting of poor Robin Ventura.
Best day in baseball ever.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I was at that game. Was it the one where Ryan was ejected from the game and it was the first and only time he was ever ejected from a game?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I believe his brother was disciplined for giving a forcible HJ to a kid in the minors, so there is.... that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Take solace in the fact that you guys sold high.
Hopefully. They also dealt Ryan Pressly to the Astros for a couple double A guys, RHP Jorge Acala and OF Gilberto Celestino. [MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] you know anything about those guys? Pressly is a very good setup guy, who is still under contract for next year so you guys got a good one.

From MLB.com

Pressly has been enjoying a very good season, posting a 3.40 ERA with 69 strikeouts and 19 walks in 47 2/3 innings. The spin-rate on his four-seam fastball is the fifth-highest in the Majors, while his curveball has the second-highest spin rate.

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Hopefully. They also dealt Ryan Pressly to the Astros for a couple double A guys, RHP Jorge Acala and OF Gilberto Celestino. [MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] you know anything about those guys? Pressly is a very good setup guy, who is still under contract for next year so you guys got a good one.

From MLB.com

Pressly has been enjoying a very good season, posting a 3.40 ERA with 69 strikeouts and 19 walks in 47 2/3 innings. The spin-rate on his four-seam fastball is the fifth-highest in the Majors, while his curveball has the second-highest spin rate.
I don't have particular knowledge, but everything I've read says they are high-ceiling guys.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Man. The Twins' fire sale is in full swing. Just traded LHP Zach Duke to the M's and RHP Lance Lynn to the Yankees. Brian Dozier next?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Man. The Twins' fire sale is in full swing. Just traded LHP Zach Duke to the M's and RHP Lance Lynn to the Yankees. Brian Dozier next?
I'm still waiting for more Rangers to be dealt. I know it won't be much but anything is better than nothing. Was surprised teams were looking at Gallo and nothing on Beltre.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Red Sox get Ian Kinsler.

I think that's a great move for Boston as it now gives them everyday stability at second base while they wait for Dustin Pedroia to return.

He isn't the player he was 5 years ago but he still excellent in the field and it helps to shore up some things.

Could be the Sawx year!

:towel

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Red Social get Ian Kinsler.

I think that's a great move for Boston as it now gives them everyday stability at second base while they wait for Dustin Pedroia to return.

He isn't the player he was 5 years ago but he still excellent in the field and it helps to shore up some things.

Cooks to be the Sawx year!

:towel
There were some slight rumors about a Beltre trade. Doesn't look like its going to happen.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There were some slight rumors about a Beltre trade. Doesn't look like its going to happen.
Yes, it would have been nice to add some power to the lineup as that is really the only thing that they are missing.

They are hitting more homers than they did last year with essentially the same lineup, but adding Beltre would have been great.

Rev

Staff member
Yes, it would have been nice to add some power to the lineup as that is really the only thing that they are missing.

They are hitting more homers than they did last year with essentially the same lineup, but adding Beltre would have been great.
I had already braced myself to losing him months ago. I really didnt think he would want to play with a rebuilding team but he's been quoted as saying he wants to come back to the Rangers next season. Guess he just doesn't want to move around anymore. The guy is my favorite active player so I will have that and only that to look forward to.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And there it is... Twins trade Brian Dozier to the Dodgers for a scrub vet 2B only because he balances the luxury tax mumbo jumbo, and a couple more prospects.

Top Bottom