MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck the Yankees.
Yep. Just signed Giancarlo Stanton, and Bryce Harper is already saying he will sign with them after next season. Outfield of Stanton, Harper, and Judge.

Fuck the Yankees, indeed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. Just signed Giancarlo Stanton, and Bryce Harper is already saying he will sign with them after next season. Outfield of Stanton, Harper, and Judge.

That offense is going to be ridiculous. Must be nice to have that kind of payroll to play with. God, I hate them.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I thought they were waiting on Trout.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's not a GM, so his presence there really isn't necessary. In Jeter's defense, Stanton put Miami in a tight spot by only accepting a trade to four teams.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Harvey for Profar...they are talking. Please be true.

Carp

DCC 4Life

There is no way they sign Harper. If they do throw big dollars next year it will be for Machado. I'd bet if he signs anywhere it would be the Cubs.

Cotton

Staff member
Harvey for Profar...they are talking. Please be true.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We counter the Stanton trade with Anthony Swarzek. FACE

Rev

Staff member
We counter the Stanton trade with Anthony Swarzek. FACE
Well at least you werent told by every media (and front office to an extent) that they really cant afford to sign Yu but then go sniff around trading for Grienke whose contract is more than Yu would get...

D

Deuce

Rangers traded for Matt Moore.

~avoids eye contact with Rev-

Good luck with that.

~snicker~

Rev

Staff member
Rangers traded for Matt Moore.

~avoids eye contact with Rev-

Good luck with that.

~snicker~
Wondered if you would notice that. I didnt have any hope for this year regardless but it looks like they are going with 4 lefties in the rotation...

Rev

Staff member
Rangers' Hamels, wife donate $9.75M mansion to charity

Cole Hamels is spreading some early holiday cheer.

The Rangers pitcher and his wife, Heidi, on Monday announced they will donate their $9.75 million mansion in Branson, Mo., to charity.

The house will be given to Camp Barnabas, a group that "helps individuals with special needs and chronic illnesses," in the largest donation in the history of the organization.

"Seeing the faces, hearing the laughter, reading the stories of the kids they serve; there is truly nothing like it," Cole said in a release, via The Hamels Foundation website. "Barnabas makes dreams come true, and we felt called to help them in a big way."

The couple began building the house in 2012 and put it on the market in August before deciding to donate it. It sits on 104.7 acres and offers views of Table Rock Lake in Southwest Missouri.

"Our mission is to change lives through disability ministry, and we’ve been strategically looking for ways to expand our ministry outside of a summer camp," Barnabas CEO Jason Brawner said. "We have no doubt that this gift will allow us to do just that."

Hamels, 33, has one year remaining on his six-year deal worth $144 million signed with the Rangers after his trade from the Phillies. The four-time All-Star went 11-6 with a 4.20 ERA and 105 strikeouts in 24 starts for the Rangers last season.

D

Deuce

Rays trade Longo to the Giants for 4 players, including 2 of their high end pitching prospects. I'll take it, he's on his decline.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You know it is setting up nice to pick up a big time FA on a short deal. Moustaukas would be awesome for the Mets on a deal like that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Pitchers and catchers report in 39 days. First workouts in 40.

:mj

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is such a crazy market. Clear that you have to strike early as a FA or could get stuck having to take a one year deal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets will get Moustaukas or Shaw...if Mil signs Moose we will trade for Shaw.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom