MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Since this kid appears to be the kryponite of the two most popular players in this thread, he's going to be my new favorite player.

@jaysonst: Dazzling inning for Miami's Domingo German. K'd Kris Bryant on 95-mph heat. K'd Joey Gallo on big-time hook.
You left out that Gallo jacked a 2 run homer later in the game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You cant muffle me..

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 3h

Joey Gallo just put on the best BP show I've ever seen at a @FuturesGame. Or, really, anywhere. @Rangers

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Since this kid appears to be the kryponite of the two most popular players in this thread, he's going to be my new favorite player.

@jaysonst: Dazzling inning for Miami's Domingo German. K'd Kris Bryant on 95-mph heat. K'd Joey Gallo on big-time hook.
I can tell. You liked him so much you posted about him in the NBA thread.

Rev

Staff member
From a scout on Ranger catching prospect Jorge Alfaro:

From an AL scout at the futures game today: "Only Joey Gallo has more pure power and it's borderline unfair that these two are in the same system. You just don't see kids like him with that kind of pure pop who can stick behind the plate very often."

Another scout said Alfaro showed what he called "stupid" hip rotation with natural loft which gives him an easy 80 rating for natural power which has begun to show up in games.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Glen Perkins gets the save for the AL on his home field, and secures home field advantage for the Twins in the World Series.

:towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
Really good AS game...they have been pitching duels of late...nice to have some O out there.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Braves bit the bullet and released Dan Uggla today.

They still owe him $18M but it is what it is.

I don't think the guy is capable of hitting .200 anymore. He hasn't come close the*past two*years.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I thought they had til 6? Either way, I side with the kid. They agreed on an amount pre-draft.
I guess I have to make it a qualified "son of a bitch." I don't know whether the medical concern was legit or not. If his arm falls off in college and we have next year's number two pick locked in... Still, what a bummer.

Rev

Staff member
So next years draft will be:
1 Texas
2 Houston
3 Houston

?

Carp

DCC 4Life
This was a draft where there was no clear #1...so maybe this is a good thing.

D

Deuce

Sources: Yankees get Chase Headley

Updated: July 22, 2014, 1:39 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The New York Yankees have acquired third baseman Chase Headley in a trade with the San Diego Padres, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Andrew Marchand.

The Yankees traded infielder Yangervis Solarte and minor league pitcher Rafael De Paula to San Diego in exchange for Headley, who could boost New York's struggling lineup.

The Padres also will send $1 million to the Yankees in the deal, the source told Marchand. Headley is scheduled to become a free agent after this season.

Headley is batting just .229 with seven home runs and 32 RBIs. He also struggled last season while dealing with injuries, batting .250 with 13 homers.

But the switch-hitting slugger had 31 homers and a league-leading 115 RBIs in 2012, and figures to help a New York offense that entered play Tuesday with a .252 team batting average.

D

Deuce

Rays keep winning and it's almost to the point of me getting sucked in and hoping they keep Price til the winter meetings. :cry

Rev

Staff member
Tigers get Soria for 2 minor league pitchers. From what I've read they seem to be pretty promising.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Dilson Herrera...who we got from Pitt in the Byrd deal last year is playing his balls off. He is only 20, but killed A ball and is now hitting .350 at AA. If we get the right deal for Murphy, I'd move him to clear 2B for him next year. With him, Nimmo, Dom Smith, Conforto, and Plawecki we finally have some bats coming through the system. D'Arnaud is playing well too...while Duda is having an excellent year. Still not very good, but I can see something really good building.

Top Bottom