MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn. Awful young. God speed.

I loved watching him pitch. Except when he was pitching against the Twins. Hated him then. If his butterfly was dancing, he sure could make professional hitters look foolish.

His path to becoming a pitcher is a good story. If I remember right, he came into the minors as a first baseman and was just messing around throwing a knuckleball during practice. Pitching coach saw him and asked if he could throw it for a strike. The rest is history.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I love knuckleballers. One of the quirkiest, coolest little corners of the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, have to point out that exactly what I was afraid of with the Rangers... Happened. Immediate flight to Tampa where the whole series will be played against a 98 win team. Very likely that after this long, crazy, exciting pennant race, the season will be over two games from now. :angry

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Also, have to point out that exactly what I was afraid of with the Rangers... Happened. Immediate flight to Tampa where the whole series will be played against a 98 win team. Very likely that after this long, crazy, exciting pennant race, the season will be over two games from now. :angry

It's nice to be in with a team on the rise though, right? And you never know.

Rev

Staff member
It's nice to be in with a team on the rise though, right? And you never know.
With the exception of the last part this is how I'm looking at it. I will take this over the past 5 or 6 years. Just get the experience this year.

Rev

Staff member
I will say this, though. I have counted them dead in the water a few times but somehow Bochy gets this team to play. It really is something to watch but sometimes your best isn't good enough. Bullpen has been horrid the whole year and the starting pitching keep getting hurt. I guess we have to hope the offense gets and stays hot for a month!

Top Bottom