MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ok, how the hell is this thread not popping lately given how crazy a comeback that the left for dead Rangers have pulled off in the AL West?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They're going to the playoffs 100%, and I'd say there's a 90% chance they win the division too.

I don't see the Astros winning out and the Rangers losing out, and that's basically what it would take for them to find themselves on the outs.

The Astros really choked this away, though. Since they swept the Rangers a few weeks back, they've faced the A's and the Royals twice and lost every single one of those series'.

They couldn't have asked for an easier end to the season and yet they still botched it. But props to the Rangers who were pretty much left for dead but showed real heart and fight to get back into this one.

I think they win the AL West.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ok, how the hell is this thread not popping lately given how crazy a comeback that the left for dead Rangers have pulled off in the AL West?
They are something else. This team keeps getting hit with the injury bug to their starting pitching. The bullpen is trash. The offense getting some scares. Latest being Saeger HBP on the wrist. Yet they find a way to win.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They are something else. This team keeps getting hit with the injury bug to their starting pitching. The bullpen is trash. The offense getting some scares. Latest being Saeger HBP on the wrist. Yet they find a way to win.
Right, which is why I said they were left for dead.

I don't think there was a single person who gave them a chance after they got obliterated by the Astros.

It takes real heart to pull off what they have the past few weeks.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm really interested in the MVP race. Are they just going to give it to Ohtani just because. I don't thi k you can discount what Seager means to the team. He powers that offense almost nightly and the team responds with him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm really interested in the MVP race. Are they just going to give it to Ohtani just because. I don't thi k you can discount what Seager means to the team. He powers that offense almost nightly and the team responds with him.
I think it was a lock to go to Ohtani a month ago but since he isn't finishing the season and the Angels aren't going anywhere coupled with the Rangers resurgence and Seager balling out, I think he's got a real shot at it especially if they finish strong and win the division.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just saw that Curt Schilling revealed that Tim Wakefield is battling an aggressive form of brain cancer.

The Wakefields wanted to keep Tim's illness private but Curt spilled the beans on his podcast yesterday.

Dick move.

Prayers to the Wakefields. Hoping he can somehow beat the disease.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm only seeing that one report. But, I really do hope it's true.

Top Bottom