MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Was looking forward to see how much the Ohtani contract was going to be. Now I wonder how much he lost?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was looking forward to see how much the Ohtani contract was going to be. Now I wonder how much he lost?
It's interesting because he can still hit correct? Most of the time it's a no brainer, you start the Tommy John surgery now. So weird when it comes to a guy who can hit like a champ.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Apparently there's been a study done on it. Looks like odds are he won't hit in a real game for close to a year? That's a shame if true.

Conclusion:
Professional position players begin swinging at 150 days (approximately 5 months) after UCLR, while they do not hit in batting practice until 195 days (approximately 6.5 months) and do not hit in a real game until 323 days (approximately 10.7 months) after UCLR. Players see a decrease in hitting utilization after UCLR. On average, players hit in a real game 20 days before fielding in a real game.

Genghis Khan

This is exactly why I was saying before that I would rather give two players 30 million apiece than give Ohtani 60 million. 1 injury to Ohtani and you've basically now lost two players.

Genghis Khan

I'm so sorry that it's come to this

:disgusted
If someone else did better than you but just happened to play in a different league, we can ignore that?

I really don't think a record for just the AL or NL is a record at all. Especially in this era where they all play each other and there's no discernable difference between the leagues.

It's like if Dak breaks the record for TDs in the NFC East. Ok, and?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If someone else did better than you but just happened to play in a different league, we can ignore that?

I really don't think a record for just the AL or NL is a record at all. Especially in this era where they all play each other and there's no discernable difference between the leagues.

But you still play the vast majority of your games against other AL teams (although this year they went to an unbalanced schedule). And the guys ahead of Judge on the all-time list have, um, "issues."

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Agreed. Which is why it was so silly and annoying last year when ABC/ESPN would interrupt college football games to air Aaron Judge at bats.

Rev

Staff member
Sweet comeback tonight, eh boys?
I wouldnt post the score on moms fridge. I doubt the Rangers could beat very many AAA clubs at this time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wouldnt post the score on moms fridge. I doubt the Rangers could beat very many AAA clubs at this time.
Thanks to that losing streak Seattle has been able to come out of nowhere and are now on the brink of taking over the top spot in the AL West. Crazy.

Rev

Staff member
Thanks to that losing streak Seattle has been able to come out of nowhere and are now on the brink of taking over the top spot in the AL West. Crazy.
Yeah. They own Houston this year and we still have 7 games against them. It's hard not to.be upset about this collapse. I just have to remind myself where we were and the future is bright.

Top Bottom