MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There's a sit down restaurant in the warehouse but not the stadium. You either eat on the terrace or concourse or eat at your seat in the stands.
Is the warehouse down the left field line? Because that may be what I'm remembering.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My favorite Scherzer pitched game: it was in the playoffs when he was pitching for Detroit against Texas. Cruz hit 2 homers and one of them was a walk off grand slam.

Now I'm going to hope that Max gives me a better memory of his pitching. Going to be sad to let this one go, though.

Rev

Staff member
That's one of the best chants that you can hear.
It just rolls right off the tongue like it belongs together. One of the best combos along with peanut butter and chocolate, sonny and Cher, etc...

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Civale from the Guardians to the Rays for a minor league 1B. Exactly what’s needed right now, especially when you have an expendable quality prospect since he’s blocked by multiple players.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Verlander back to Houston. Either nobody else wanted him or the Mets let him choose his destination cause there's no way a team with no top 100 prospects should be able to win a bidding war.

Rev

Staff member
Verlander back to Houston. Either nobody else wanted him or the Mets let him choose his destination cause there's no way a team with no top 100 prospects should be able to win a bidding war.
Was really hoping Baltimore would. Oh well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He has a no trade clause so it's very possible he told them Houston and Houston only.

Either way, the Mets didn't hold any leverage here and if they really wanted to dump the salary, then they had to go with whoever he would allow them to trade him to.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hate that we suck giant donkey dicks this year, but I love the prospects we got back. Acuna and Gilbert in particular.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hate that we suck giant donkey dicks this year, but I love the prospects we got back. Acuna and Gilbert in particular.
Not even a baseball fan, but love any attempt to laugh at the Mets.

Welcome back, stranger!

Rev

Staff member

Enjoy Acuna. Hope he does well for you. He was just blocked here so glad they didn't just keep to keep.

Top Bottom