MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not all rule changes are good ideas. Pitch clock is so that is all that matters.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is his 6th year in the majors. He's never stolen 40 before. He now has 40 at the all star break.

I'm sure it's a coincidence that they now limit the number of pickoffs and made the bases bigger though.
Yeah, only one throw over is fucking retarded.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Don't forget the bigger bases, too. So they don't get their widdle handsy-wandsies stepped on.

Rev

Staff member
Poor Angels....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is his 6th year in the majors. He's never stolen 40 before. He now has 40 at the all star break.

I'm sure it's a coincidence that they now limit the number of pickoffs and made the bases bigger though.
He just like got faster and stuff.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Braves and Rays play a series this weekend in Tampa. Hopefully the fans show up and pack them building to watch the two best teams in baseball go at it.

Rev

Staff member
Braves and Rays play a series this weekend in Tampa. Hopefully the fans show up and pack them building to watch the two best teams in baseball go at it.
Not true. The two best teams travel to Washington this weekend to face the Nationals. Yes. Texas is good enough to be the best two teams.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Poor Angels....
I've mentioned this before regarding trade talks about Mike Trout......I have the same opinion regarding all this talk about what the Angels should do with Ohtani.

I wouldn't trade him. I'd pay whatever price Ohtani's team asks for.

They've never been able to build a winner around Trout. So why would you trust that these same decision makers can flip Ohtani for pieces and properly develop whatever prospects they get out of a trade? They've shown for close to a decade that they're unable to develop players through the minors. I'm not trading a once in a century player away just to watch the front office butcher the draft and player development after the fact.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather risk losing him as a FA and get nothing in return, than trade him away for prospects and such.

Also, he's in the last year of his contract so it's pretty unlikely that a team is going to give up an established star MLB player or two for a 2-3 month rental of Ohtani.

Rev

Staff member
I've mentioned this before regarding trade talks about Mike Trout......I have the same opinion regarding all this talk about what the Angels should do with Ohtani.

I wouldn't trade him. I'd pay whatever price Ohtani's team asks for.

They've never been able to build a winner around Trout. So why would you trust that these same decision makers can flip Ohtani for pieces and properly develop whatever prospects they get out of a trade? They've shown for close to a decade that they're unable to develop players through the minors. I'm not trading a once in a century player away just to watch the front office butcher the draft and player development after the fact.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather risk losing him as a FA and get nothing in return, than trade him away for prospects and such.

Also, he's in the last year of his contract so it's pretty unlikely that a team is going to give up an established star MLB player or two for a 2-3 month rental of Ohtani.
This is probably the reason I haven't been worried about what they get in return. I'm more interested in seeing what kind of contract he gets.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What's wrong with the Rays?

6 straight losses and the Orioles are right on their ass.

Top Bottom