MLB Chatter Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Imagine this happens to decide a playoff or world series game. What an incredibly dumb rule.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
sigh. you're not missing any action. they are taking roughly 23 minutes of nothing out of these games.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
sigh. you're not missing any action. they are taking roughly 23 minutes of nothing out of these games.
Like replays?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
that's not action, and one replay is usually enough
Then you will have to have pitch clock exceptions to accommodate said replay.

Genghis Khan

And you aren't solving anything with this rule other than a few people's arbitrary complaint about time.

It's not football, hockey or basketball where time is part of the game. It's completely arbitrary to inject penalties surrounding time in an untimed game. Penalties that we now see can literally decide a game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dunno about you people, but the clock thing might make me watch baseball a little more.

Baseball has rarely been about consequences.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That just means you don't like baseball. Speeding it up isn't going to make you like something you don't like.
Baseball is one of those sports that is so steeped in tradition that it is all it has left.

The game lost its charm for me a while ago, particularly around the steroid era.

If these kind of changes make things more interesting, I am all for it, just to see.

I like the idea of more stolen bases. But widening the base is not all that cool.

I am not married to the sport like some, but it is clear it has become very stagnant.

I can tell you this, I have no fucking idea how anyone owning a baseball team makes any damn money.

Genghis Khan

This is arena football mentality.

"We have to eliminate the downtime in football, and the boring parts like 'running the ball', and 'defense'."

Honestly, now that we've seen a game decided by a clock violation, I'm surprised people are still ok with this. It's an awful way to decide a game, in pursuit of nothing, and it can happen for real.

There are people that complained that the super bowl was "decided" on a penalty. If a world series game is decided on a clock violation it would be a million times worse.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol You know I'm stealing that.

Top Bottom