MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was a diehard Rockets fan when I had interest in the NBA.

I'm not and never have lived in or around Houston, though.
Became a big fan because of the back to back champion teams of the 90s?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Became a big fan because of the back to back champion teams of the 90s?
Actually before that. My dad introduced me to the Phi Slamma Jamma era of the Houston Cougars. We followed Olajuwan from there to the Rockets. Then I was introduced to Larry Bird in the 86 finals so I found my two favorite players.

data

Forbes #1
I mean, eagles fan get personally offended if you're not an eagles fan regardless of who you root for. My wife is a Steelers fan and has gotten shit over it.

But they reserve a special place in hell for Cowboys fans. You might as well have told them you teabagged their grandmother because you'll get the same reaction.

There are a lot of fans in the area that root for all 4 major local teams but are true diehards of only one of them. So I will often differentiate between eagles fans and the rest because for example if you tell a Sixers fan you like the Celtics or Lakers or whatever it'll usually be fine. If you tell a Phillies fan you like the Mets or Braves it'll usually be fine. If you tell a diehard Phillies fan who "likes" the eagles that you like the Cowboys in football it'll usually be fine believe it or not. But if you tell a diehard eagles fan who "likes" the Phillies that you are a Cowboys fan, you'd think you told him that you like to torture puppies.
So how did you come to like the Cowboys?

Your first T-shirt?

Rev

Staff member
Back to the World Series :towel

Rev

Staff member
He will get 9th place after next season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So damn cringe. Good lord, this was awful.

Rev

Staff member

Top Bottom