Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
gotta address batters stepping out of the box between pitches

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
gotta address batters stepping out of the box between pitches
I think that was addressed by "1 timeout for the hitter per at bat".

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think that was addressed by "1 timeout for the hitter per at bat".
I don't think so. I think they mean the batter can only call time once if the pitcher is waiting too long to throw the ball. Guys will still step out of the box and adjust their batting gloves for the millionth time, I'm afraid.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think so. I think they mean the batter can only call time once if the pitcher is waiting too long to throw the ball. Guys will still step out of the box and adjust their batting gloves for the millionth time, I'm afraid.
But, technically that is considered a timeout when they step out. Now, they can still step out between pitches all they want.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

An explanation of the rule changes.

The bigger bases will effectively shrink the area between the bases by 4 1/2". I wonder how big a difference that will make in stolen base attempts and success? Their reasoning is player safety, meaning the fielder will have more area to place their foot on the bag while avoiding the runner. That situation mainly arises on first base, with the fielder sometimes having to wildly plant their foot while trying to field the throw as the runner is going past. Why don't they just do use the double bag? The regulation bag is in the field of play like it already is. The extra, often times a different color bag, is attached alongside it in foul territory, and is the one the runner steps on while running through. Since our highschool started using them a few years back, there hasn't been a single instance of the 1st baseman getting spiked by a runner that I know of.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That was crazy.

I can't identify balks unless they're extremely obvious. I had no idea what the ump was seeing that made him keep calling him for balks. Looked like a normal pitching motion to me.

Cotton

Staff member
That was crazy.

I can't identify balks unless they're extremely obvious. I had no idea what the ump was seeing that made him keep calling him for balks. Looked like a normal pitching motion to me.
Me thinks there might have been some vendetta shit going on. The man had never balked in his life and you mean to tell me he did it 3 times in one at bat?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Twins started September with a 1 game lead in their division. They close out the season today currently on a 4 game losing streak and 14 games back.

Way to finish strong, fellas.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
and that bastard Arraez denied Judge the triple crown

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The Texas fan who caught the ball has already received an offer for $2M.

Top Bottom