MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
It was beneficial for both parties that he left. Ranger fans were begging for him to go, so they got what they wanted...eventually the hate will subside.

D

Deuce

Price, Strasbourg, Dickey, Cain and Hamels all shat the bed in their starts. Still too early to worry.
Cain and Price shit the bed in 1 start, not all like Harrison.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That this area is more football nuts is and always will be true, but for that moron to say this isn't a baseball town or to insult the fans is nuts. The Rangers have gotten support here from the day they first came to Arlington in 72. The fact of the matter is that the Rangers fans have been treated to bad baseball for years excluding the brief winning stint under Johnny Oats. That idiot was here for 4 years and despite his incredibly stupid antics he got more fand love, and team support than any player in baseball. He is the last person that has a right to say anything negative about this area or the Rangers. This team will always support teams that try even through lean years (evidenced by the local support all the teams here get even when performing poorly)
I endorse this post.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cain and Price shit the bed in 1 start, not all like Harrison.
Doesn't change it one bit. If he is still having bad starts after a few more then I will worry.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Looking forward to Harvey's first road start this year...particularly vs Philly.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
Josh Hamilton made 'football sign'

ESPN.com news services

Josh Hamilton said the atmosphere at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington was "hectic" and the crowd's constant booing of him "disappointing," but the Los Angeles Angels outfielder denies he took out his frustrations Sunday with an obscene gesture to fans in the right-field stands.
"I never would do that. Ever. I never would flip anybody off," Hamilton said Sunday. Hamilton signed a $125 million, five-year deal with the Angels this past offseason after six seasons with the Rangers.

Hamilton told reporters Sunday that he made a "football sign" to the stands, responding to accusations by fans on social media that he had made an obscene gesture. Hamilton made a comment during spring training that the Dallas/Fort Worth area was a football town and was tormented by chants of "baseball town" all weekend.

On Sunday, he also reacted to the crowd by turning and clapping in his glove during one of the chants from Rangers fans, who he described as a "rough crowd."

"It was a little more hectic than I expected," Hamilton told reporters of the constant booing. "The persistence of the crowd. The first day, with the first couple of at-bats, I understood. I was able to block it out a lot better later. It was a little surprising, but not really surprising. It was a little disappointing more than anything, probably. I don't take it personal."

On Saturday, Hamilton said his wife, Katie, had to call for security before Friday's game because fans were shouting obscenities and personal insults at his family.

The Angels dropped two of three games against the Texas Rangers, their AL West rivals. Hamilton had three hits in the series finale. He finished 3-for-13 in the series, and is batting only .160 (4-for-25) on the season.

Hamilton told USA Today Sports that he doesn't expect the crowd to make it any easier on him during his next trip back to Arlington (July 29-31), but he'll be ready for it next time.

"I don't think it will get less and less, but I think it will be easier for me because I've been through it," he told USA Today, later adding that he'd "like to think they were booing the front office here."

Information from ESPNDallas.com's Todd Wills and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Rev

Staff member
We just stole Robinson Chirinos from the Rays.

Championship!

Rev

Staff member
I don't know why you would laugh at that. It just means your team isn't going.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Matt Harvey has given up 4 hits in 14 innings.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The '27 Yankees....err...the Atlanta Braves win again.

Once again the starting pitching was magnificent. And Justin Upton is white hot.

Too bad Heyward and BJ Upton are struggling. If the guys in front of him were getting on base Justin would probably have close to 20 RBIs.

D

Deuce

BJ hitting .150 in April isn't called struggling, it's called normal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The '27 Yankees....err...the Atlanta Braves win again.

Once again the starting pitching was magnificent. And Justin Upton is white hot.

Too bad Heyward and BJ Upton are struggling. If the guys in front of him were getting on base Justin would probably have close to 20 RBIs.
Buck leads the NL in RBIs. Suck it.

Rev

Staff member
The Rays got hosed but since its Dueces team I'm alright with that. I expect a makeup call in today's game.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The Rays got hosed but since its Dueces team I'm alright with that. I expect a makeup call in today's game.
Bullshit like that is why home plate umpires should be removed from calling balls and strikes and be replaced by a computer programmed with a by the book strike zone.

D

Deuce

A makeup call in the 3rd inning doesn't mean as much. Whether you're ok with real live umps or not, a call like that should be a fireable offense.

Rev

Staff member
A makeup call in the 3rd inning doesn't mean as much. Whether you're ok with real live umps or not, a call like that should be a fireable offense.
I'm just messing with you and yes he should be removed.

Cotton

Staff member
As I watched that ball cross home plate a cuss word came out of my mouth... followed by WHAT?! And then nervous laughter. I couldn't believe he called it a strike.

Cotton

Staff member

Awful.

Top Bottom