MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
yep because he turned himself in. first time offense.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Braves to Padres, "what would it take for you to take this god awful contract of BJ Upton off our hands"? The Pads answer the "best closer in baseball" and the Braves are like "ummm, ok"

Rev

Staff member
Happy Opening Day to you!

Where do you think your team is finishing in your division?

Im thinking 3rd is possible for the Rangers. Just has to be better than last year.

Rev

Staff member
Braves to Padres, "what would it take for you to take this god awful contract of BJ Upton off our hands"? The Pads answer the "best closer in baseball" and the Braves are like "ummm, ok"
With ESPN stopping their text messaging service I completely missed this and thought you were joking. Braves are even going to DFA Carlos Quentin.

D

Deuce

With ESPN stopping their text messaging service I completely missed this and thought you were joking. Braves are even going to DFA Carlos Quentin.
That's weird. I knew about this because I got an ESPN text message. That's also why I jumped on Jason Grilli in fantasy hoping he'll get the bulk of their closer work...if they ever have a lead worth saving.

Rev

Staff member
That's weird. I knew about this because I got an ESPN text message. That's also why I jumped on Jason Grilli in fantasy hoping he'll get the bulk of their closer work...if they ever have a lead worth saving.
I had their texting and got everything. I did download their app as well so may have to go look at my settings. I may not have selected everything since I was already getting their texts. Although selecting all of Baseball did drive me crazy with all of the texts I was getting.

Rev

Staff member
I did see that the Rays are starting off with some pitchers on the DL. The injury bug may have made its way out of Arlington and over to Tampa.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Im thinking 3rd is possible for the Rangers. Just has to be better than last year.
That's about where I see us landing. If we get really lucky, we might finish 2nd.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I was hoping this year the Twins could make it around .500 or better and all the young guys would learn to play together. Maybe finish in 3rd. But now that Santana has been suspended for the first half of the season, even that's not looking real good.

Rev

Staff member
I didn't put a win total but I think 80-85 wins is possible. I think Fielder and Choo will be back to form and allow the offense to carry us. Starting pitching is looking scary but like the bullpen.

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't put a win total but I think 80-85 wins is possible. I think Fielder and Choo will be back to form and allow the offense to carry us. Starting pitching is looking scary but like the bullpen.
Starting pitching is looking worse than scary. They could be the difference between a division title and the cellar.

D

Deuce

I did see that the Rays are starting off with some pitchers on the DL. The injury bug may have made its way out of Arlington and over to Tampa.
Ya, but it doesn't matter. Injuries are the last thing that will keep us from competing this year. I just want to see Moore return by the All Star Break and look good and healthy.

Rev

Staff member
I'd rather have Colby Smulders pitching for my team than Colby Lewis.
They don't have much of a choice unless they want to rush a young arm and bring Chi Chi up. Don't see the point in that since they really shouldn't be competing for the playoffs. We have Holland and Gallordo and that's it. Not very hopeful so have to rely on offense and defense.

Cotton

Staff member
They don't have much of a choice unless they want to rush a young arm and bring Chi Chi up. Don't see the point in that since they really shouldn't be competing for the playoffs. We have Holland and Gallordo and that's it. Not very hopeful so have to rely on offense and defense.
I want them to bring up Gonzales, just so we can have a player named Chi Chi on the major league team.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

I think the Cubs finish 3rd in the NL Central this season with 82 wins while the Cardinals and Pirates battle for the division title. Milwaukee finished 3rd with 82 wins last season. I believe they have a chance to edge out the Cubs for 3rd but I see them finishing a couple games behind them. I think the Reds are probably basement-bound this season.

Top Bottom