MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Good for him...no one would turn down that money he got. He is an alltimer.
No doubt. That's crazy money/years for someone his age and will be an albatross but they do have an all-timer finishing his career there so he'll hit many historical milestones in an Angels uniform. Tonight, for example. That probably has a fair amount of value in and of itself. Pujols was a monster with a division rival for years when the Cubs were actually winning the division so I can't really bring myself to root for him, but he deserves huge respect. Crazy career numbers/skins on the wall and still has a little bit left. Walks into the HOF on the first ballot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What I noticed about last night, and PTI touched on it last week, was the lack of buzz surrounding Pujols' approaching his 500th career HR.

20 years ago this would be national news. Sports stations like ESPN and Fox Sports would have broke away from their normal programming in order to cover his ABs live. None of that happened. All we got was the standard scroll at the bottom of the screen.

Also, from what I could tell the game wasn't even a sell out. I remember back in the day if someone was within reach of a major milestone those games would be sold because everyone wanted to be there to witness history.

Obviously the PED cloud has diluted the HR records but it's still surprising to me to see how little anyone cares about someone hitting #500.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just looked at the attendance for last night's Angels-Nationals game.

Attendance: 21,915 (52.8% full) - % is based on regular season capacity.

I get that it's a weeknight but that's still shockingly low to me seeing as both teams have a lot of star power plus you had Pujols chasing #500.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Optimism rising!!!! Exceeding my expectations and Harrison should be back in a week.

Rev

Staff member
Pineda ejected from 2nd inning for an illegal substance on his neck.
LoL. Guess that other stuff wasnt just dirt.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Pineda is a fuckin moron. I literally cringed watching his post game interview. I hope he doesn't rely on it but I dont feel too optimistic about when he returns.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Cubs bullpen is sickening. Samardzija should bitch slap half of those guys for wasting another very good start from him. Pedro Strop is Carlos Marmol, Jr.

Rev

Staff member
Saw that he had 3 dingers tonight and is up to 9 on the season already.
He really has amazing power but he is also working on cutting down the K's this year. Taking a shorter swing with 2 strikes and walking a bit more. Just really fun to read about so far.

Rev

Staff member
He had 3 homers and 3 walks. Yep. Give me a Kleenex.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Martin Perez with an early push for the Cy Young award. Holy crap he is killing it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Pineda is a fuckin moron. I literally cringed watching his post game interview. I hope he doesn't rely on it but I dont feel too optimistic about when he returns.
He'll be fine. He just has to put the pine tar somewhere where it's not as obvious...like everybody else. Farrell (he was a pitcher) has said a few times the last week or so that he understands guys need something to help them grip in cooler weather, but just don't be so obvious about it. I'm sure just about every pitcher uses something similar. David Cone and Al Leiter were doing the Yankees broadcast and they both said they used something, but they put it on their belt. Farrell wouldn't have even said anything if it wasn't right out there in the open.

All that being said how dumb do you have to be to put it right there where the whole world could see after what happened the last time he pitched against Boston.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Called around & lowest estimate I got of # of pitchers using pine tar was "80-90 pct." So Pineda got 10 G for picking wrong spot to put it

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twins take 2 of 3 from the Rays and move 1 game above .500

I sense a dynasty in the making.

Carp

DCC 4Life
3 of 4 from the Cards...now we have Abreu...sorry NL...shit just got real.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Atlanta Braves pitching is kinda ridiculous right now.

Top Bottom