Golf Thread

data

Forbes #1
Tiger is indeed a rare talent, and was fun to watch. But I think I'd still place Nicholas and Palmer ahead of him. Today's golfers have a huge advantage in equipment. Both in the clubs and the golf balls they use. But if you look at their avg scores, they're pretty comparable. I wonder what a guy like Nicholas could have done with today's titanium clubs with their oversize sweet spots and the more reactive balls.
i actually had this conversation a while ago. Have golfers gotten worse since Nicholas and Palmer? Or have there been rule changes or course changes to make today's game tougher? With today's technology, players should be beating scores from 40 years ago.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The equipment is better today and the current group of young pros are more fitness oriented. The courses have been redesigned to the extent that they can be and the distances have been increased for the drives. All that said, the short game is how to evaluate and compare players of different eras. That's where the scoring is most affected. Bunker saves and birdies are the skill tests.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The equipment is better today and the current group of young pros are more fitness oriented. The courses have been redesigned to the extent that they can be and the distances have been increased for the drives. All that said, the short game is how to evaluate and compare players of different eras. That's where the scoring is most affected. Bunker saves and birdies are the skill tests.
This is absolutely true, you can out drive someone by 100yds and still lose the hole and most advances have been towards distance and the courses have made up for it with ease. I don't see anyone who can break Nicklaus record because he was that good for so long and the field is that much more competitive. Tiger had a shot because he was that good, but his own fame made golf so popular that the field is just to competitive to dominate like he did.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Such a rare talent

Such a rare talent

vince

Not So New Member
Is anyone following the Masters? I'm surprised at how quiet it's been in here.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Did anyone see the crowd following Tiger up to the 18th green today as he won the Tour Championship? That was something else.

He’s a remarkable athlete. I hope his back can stay together for a few more years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did anyone see the crowd following Tiger up to the 18th green today as he won the Tour Championship? That was something else.

He’s a remarkable athlete. I hope his back can stay together for a few more years.
I won’t. After some of my vertebrae were fused it virtually ended my golf.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I won’t. After some of my vertebrae were fused it virtually ended my golf.
Are you trying to tell us you are comparable to a world class golfer and athlete? One with millions upon millions of dollars that can afford the absolute best medical care and therapy there is?

Sure. I could see it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Are you trying to tell us you are comparable to a world class golfer and athlete? One with millions upon millions of dollars that can afford the absolute best medical care and therapy there is?

Sure. I could see it.
You always have to stretch things. I’m talking about backs. The golf swing is essentially the same for every one albiet the ability to control it varies with each individual. You buy that?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You always have to stretch things. I’m talking about backs. The golf swing is essentially the same for every one albiet the ability to control it varies with each individual. You buy that?
No. Not unless you can convince me that you could hit a golf ball 350 yards consistently before your surgery and still 300 yards after, I'll go on thinking there are massive differences between your body makeup and Tiger Woods'.

How old were you when you had your back surgery?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No. Not unless you can convince me that you could hit a golf ball 350 yards consistently before your surgery and still 300 yards after, I'll go on thinking there are massive differences between your body makeup and Tiger Woods'.

How old were you when you had your back surgery?
You are completely missing the point I am trying to make. My comment are about a fused spine and how it is affected by the golf swing for anyone. I have had two back surgeries one of which entailed a spinal infusion. My conversations with the surgeons were about how the swing affects the spine and what they advised to continue playing. The feed back was about the amount of torque a player uses when they address the ball and what clubs need the most modification. The response was that the driver was the most harmful to the spine because it requires a higher torque to be effective. Every doctor I talked with had the same advise. Their recommendation for the adjustment was to use a a lower torque off the tee box. In essence curb the driver and use something different. They indicated that continuing to use the Driver would shorten the playing life of the player on average of 20 %.if they had a fused spine.

It isn’t a matter of how good or bad the player is that he was commenting about rather the decline and deterioration of the fused area in the spine from playing golf.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hdhfnfnfofncnfnf jdjdududndn wuedbcnf!!!
T1gEr!!!!

Top Bottom