Golf Thread

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't care about golf but I'd like to see Tiger win too. I should say hear about him win cause I'm not watching golf.

D

Deuce

He looks very average today. Poor tee shots and really bad putting.

Shouldnt be surprised. He's the ultimate front runner. When he has a Sunday lead, he locks it down. When he doesn't, he isn't winning.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shouldnt be surprised. He's the ultimate front runner. When he has a Sunday lead, he locks it down. When he doesn't, he isn't winning.
:lol

Come on, man. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? When he's playing well, he usually has a Sunday lead. When he's not, he doesn't. Just like anybody else. And if you think he's never came from behind to win, there's not much else to say. The difference between him and others is he's had more Sunday leads than anybody else, and yeah. He's probably the best closer ever.

D

Deuce

Remind me how many majors he's dropped a low number on a Sunday to steal the win? It's not just about playing well. He's had majors where he played solid and was only down 2 strokes or so heading into Sunday. That's striking distance and he didn't get it done.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Tiger hasn't had to "drop a low number to steal a win" When he's on his game, he's dominant. Arguably one of the best ever. And now it's just majors? ok. But by all means, continue nitpicking an alltimer. Makes you look stupid, but hey. I'm sure you hold all the other guys on the PGA tour to the same standards, right? And if not, why not?

D

Deuce

It's not nitpicking. The fact that he's never come back to win in a major has been a criticism of his. For all his intimidation of other players and his mental toughness, he's come up short in those situations.

And of course we're talking about majors. I couldn't give a shit about him dominating scrubs in Dubai and the Disney Firestone Classic or whatever they call it these days.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

Come on, man. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? When he's playing well, he usually has a Sunday lead. When he's not, he doesn't. Just like anybody else. And if you think he's never came from behind to win, there's not much else to say. The difference between him and others is he's had more Sunday leads than anybody else, and yeah. He's probably the best closer ever.
One of the golf analysts said Tiger's never come from behind to win a major. Not sure about all the other tournaments.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As far as Tiger being a great closer, that used to be the case but he fell off considerably after the divorce.

Last year alone he lost a handful of leads on Saturday and Sunday.

IIRC, that was pretty much his standard last season. Strong start on the first two days then stumble down the stretch.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Scott with a great putt in the clutch followed by a monstrous shot from Cabrera.

What a great finish this is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As far as Tiger being a great closer, that used to be the case but he fell off considerably after the divorce.

Last year alone he lost a handful of leads on Saturday and Sunday.
Yup.

He is not the closer or the clutch putter he used to be. He's had majors there for the taking but just couldn't close it out strong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love Tiger...he missed a couple putts today, but overall he had to be happy. I could give shits of he has come back to win a major...he's won 14. I'll take it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That might be the closest Masters final I have ever seen. Insane.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Holly shit!!! That was as exiting as a SB, Stanley cup final or any other competition.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was pulling for Cabrera, but I have no beef with Scott. Actually went to UNLV. Felt bad for Day...that was a rough one.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Feel bad for Snedeker. A 77 final round in '08 and a 75 today when he was in contention. Ouch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was pulling for Cabrera, but I have no beef with Scott. Actually went to UNLV. Felt bad for Day...that was a rough one.
I wanted Day to win it if it couldn't be Tiger, but he just couldn't close out those last few holes like he needed to. But he's only 25 and he seems to do well at the Masters, so I think it's only a matter of time before he wins it.

D

Deuce

I'm happy for Scott. Nice to see an Aussie that doesn't choke at Augusta for once.

Top Bottom