Golf Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When you are as talented as Rory is and are on top form, you have to close tomorrow. Next year's majors are not promised to anyone.
I shot 97. But I really hit horribly with my wedges and putter. The only that saved me was getting it down the course effectively.

Carl

RIP Brother
This weather delay is very frustrating. The PGA of America owns Valhalla; this is the sole reason that this course in this location gets a major. What does the USPGA have against playing majors in California. Not sure what the weather is like at Torrey Pines at the moment, but a wild guess would be 78 and blue skies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pulling for Fowler today...time he wins a major.

D

Deuce

This weather delay is very frustrating. The PGA of America owns Valhalla; this is the sole reason that this course in this location gets a major. What does the USPGA have against playing majors in California. Not sure what the weather is like at Torrey Pines at the moment, but a wild guess would be 78 and blue skies.
Pines and Pebble Beach get plenty. They need to spread the love.

Carl

RIP Brother
Pines and Pebble Beach get plenty. They need to spread the love.
PB hasn't hosted a PGA since before you were born and TP never has.

You are confusing the US Open which is run by the USGA and the PGA which is run by the USPGA. Two different organisations.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wow...Rory is just taking it from everyone.

Carl

RIP Brother
Phil right to be upset about what happened on 18....But Go Rory...Another win for the Irish.

Carl

RIP Brother
Last 30 majors, Irish Golfers have won 9 of them. Not a bad haul for a wee Island.

Carl

RIP Brother
Sort of sure that no one else watched Rory's media session post win. He is the real deal and I think, he represents what sports should really be about. Arrogant, cocky but also happy, grounded and willing to accept real pressure. He is a gem.

Carl

RIP Brother
Europe wins 3 of 4 majors even though 3 of 4 majors are in the US. #Havearestcunts

Carl

RIP Brother
Anyway, Tiger never came from behind to win a major...(thats how dominant he was)...Rory 3 behind with 10 holes to go and wins....Different game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's kind of cool seeing this new generation of golfers establish a new era.

I think Rory, Fowler, and Day are going to be competing against one another for a long time to come.

Carl

RIP Brother
US Open coming to Los Angeles in 2023. I only have to wait 9 years!!!

Carl

RIP Brother
Let's hope cirrhosis of the liver doesn't take you first.
Its water and the occasional glass of wine for me from Sunday onwards. Birthday week this week, then I am going to behave. Plus I met a nice girl. A herculean task in Los Angeles, but I did it. She is going to keep me on the straight and narrow, she/ me thinks.

Carl

RIP Brother
Finally watched the Arnold Palmer documentary on Golf Channel. so interesting. Not sure if this is the norm for athletes, but evidently, he writes back to every letter he receives and every request he gets for a signed photo etc; and spends in excess of $100k per year in postage. Not sure if anyone has ever said a bad word about him, other than carp obviously.

Carl

RIP Brother
Ryder Cup week. Can't wait. Three days of great sports. I think this one is a toss up. Fingers crossed for McGinley.

Top Bottom